Tuesday, May 23, 2006

SPC {Introduction-4}


a meme stolen from bluepoppy


I AM: wings unfolding, soaring to touch the sun, unfurling to reveal their beautiful, vivid colors

I SAID: let me be free and I found myself lifting further into the clouds, playing tag with the trees, skipping from star to star

I WANT: to take long naps curled up in the branches and the leaves

I WISH: that each of us could see the beautiful and radiant truth of who we are even if for only a few minutes, and that we would let those few minutes transform our lives

I HATE: the masks I sometimes wear because I'm afraid to show my true self

I MISS: my former slender self and I'm not always able to open my arms to the body I have right now

I FEAR: getting lost in all my fears

I HEAR: the birds calling my name

I WONDER: what it would be like to fall in love with myself

I REGRET: the moments I chose to stay small instead of choosing to live in my fullness

I AM NOT: willing to tuck my wings behind me and pretend they don't exist

I DANCE: with the butterflies

I SING: the song of my heart

I AM NOT ALWAYS: who I know I truly am

I MADE: a poem from my life

I WRITE: to let my soul breathe

I CONFUSE: knowing with accepting

I NEED: music, poetry, beauty, community, affection, solitude, creativity, words

I SHOULD: let go of the shoulds

I START: over and over and over again, and that's okay

I FINISH: with all the pretending

I BELIEVE: everything I need is right here, within, I only need to reach out and take hold of it

I KNOW: the things I know today might very well change tomorrow

I CAN: learn to live with the questions, to rest in them, to give up the search for answers

I CAN'’T: put it off any longer, I must give myself the gift of passion

I SEE: you--your beauty, your possibility, your wholeness

I BLOG: to give a piece of myself to you

I READ: because words tickle my heart

I AM AROUSED BY: the wind whispering in my ear, the sun caressing my back, the moon licking my neck

I FIND: my face in the petals of the rose

I LIKE: the way the Earth never forgets me

I LOVE: myself


ps--I'm still putting the together The Journal Project. If you haven't read yesterday's post please do and let me know if you're interested in participating...and I still have journals to give away... More to come...

26 Comments:

Blogger Kim Carney said...

wow, that gave me cold chills, no seriously! I LOOOOVVVEEE THAT. (and we love you)

9:18 PM  
Blogger deirdre said...

Michelle, you are an artist. I love this poetic honesty.

9:18 PM  
Blogger --erica said...

beautiful.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

This is a great meme (which is something I don't find myself saying often), and you did a wonderful job of making it yours.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Michelle, everyday you share the garden of your soul with clarity. You are a a natural source, a perfect place to come and sit and breath...Thank you for inviting me.
Your honesty is refreshing!

12:19 AM  
Blogger purplecupcake said...

Beautifully said and done! I probably would've said something incredibly cheesy compared to yours...You definitely brought out something in me..to see things in a fresh new light. Thank you.

12:43 AM  
Blogger bluepaul said...

hear me sing at:
(my-nonprofit-site)

1:53 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

so poetic.

and i loved what you said
about knowing that what you
know today
might change tomorrow...

lots of insights.

:)

3:14 AM  
Blogger Misty Mawn said...

I WRITE: to let my soul breathe


My favorite line!!!! Your words always touch my soul! xo

5:46 AM  
Blogger Visual-Voice said...

"I WISH: that each of us could see the beautiful and radiant truth of who we are even if for only a few minutes, and that we would let those few minutes transform our lives."

Oooooo tingleness everywhere. That's the best wish of all!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Josephine said...

It's nice to meet you!

6:55 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

My favorite: "I should let go of the shoulds." Yes! Easier said than done of course, but still...Yes!
LOVE the photo.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Trish said...

Oh Michelle, this is so open and beautiful!

Your photo reminds me of my SPC photo a little :)

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh honey-- I give it to you FREELY and what you have done with it!!! oh you are a wonder!

~bluepoppy

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Irene said...

your self-portrait pictures are AMAZING. SO beautiful!

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Neil said...

Wow, what an amazing expression of yourself.

11:51 AM  
Blogger snowsparkle said...

love this photo of you, michelle!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Hey girl, Happy Birth Day, sorry I missed it! Your project should be fun and I wish you the best with it. You have so much to share witth everyone! Have a great weekend!

2:51 PM  
Blogger my pink sky said...

i absolutely love this post...it is like sweet music.

7:27 PM  
Blogger dani said...

wow, you always have so much to give!!! love this image and the one in the car - your photos have become far more compelling of late. bravo!!

8:04 PM  
Anonymous beansprout said...

Amazing! Amazing post! I love this portrait! You ROCK!

8:14 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

This was wonderful! The words you chose were perfect and poetic.
a.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

:)

8:10 AM  
Blogger jenny vorwaller said...

:)))))) :)

7:42 PM  
Blogger Bohemian Girl said...

yummy~you.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

this photo of you and the words I love myself is spellbinding joy!

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home