Friday, May 26, 2006

Grateful Friday - Feelin' Alive


Happy Friday!

After writing my Sunday Scriblings 3 Wishes post I knew I wanted to create more moments in which I felt alive and passionate and connected to myself and the world around me. This week I did one little thing every day to make that happen. I decided to start with the small things, the little gifts of pleasure that I can give myself daily. Each day this week I promised myself I would not end the day until I had given myself something, anything, that made me feel happy, healthy, and full of life.

Monday--walked to the grocery store instead of driving. It not only gave me an opportunity to get a little exercise but it was also a chance to breathe deeply, enjoy the sunshine, and have a few moments to myself.

Tuesday--crawled into bed a little early and read a few chapters from Eat, Pray, Love. I really enjoy reading in bed before drifting off to sleep but I rarely make time to do this.

Wednesday--started my day by watching the sun rise. I took a walk around the neighborhood, breathing in the damp earth and listening to the birds sing.

Thursday--slipped out of the house for an hour or so, went to a coffee shop, sat on the patio letting the wind blow back my hair while sipping a delicious iced tea. Divine!

Tonight--Britton and I crawled into his bed, hid under the comforter with a box of graham crackers and had a cookie party complete with stories about our day and silly songs I made up about putting him in my pocket so he could shake it, shake, shake it.

Now--about to curl up on the couch with a wine glass full of ruby red grapefruit juice and watch Something New


The Journal Project Update:


I've had a great response to the Journal Project. This weekend I plan to create a new blog just for this. I'll work out all the logistics and post the details there. Once I have it up and running I'll provide the link. I'm so excited about this. Any suggestions you might have is greatly appreciated. Send 'em along.


How I plan to spend my holiday weekend:

*relaxing
*cleaning this god-awful dirty house
*creating in my Book of Dreams--I'm a week behind on the techniques. UGH!
*working on the Journal Project blog
*reading Eat, Pray, Love
*taking Britton to see Over the Hedge--only if he promises to get a haircut first. Yes, we have to bribe him to get a haircut.
*Updating my Flickr account
*catching up on my blog reading
*watching Empire Falls
*taking photographs
*spending time outdoors with Britton
*doing nothing that I don't absolutely want to do

Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

18 Comments:

Blogger Kim G. said...

Sounds like a great week and a good weekend ahead for you! Hope you enjoy each moment of it!

9:46 PM  
Blogger tracey said...

What an idea! NOT WAITING until the end of the day to do something for you. I love it.
I'm going to try it!
Enjoy your wonderful weekend.

9:58 PM  
Blogger tracey said...

P.S. One of my new favorite things is my Arbonne stuff too! And I just got a "your skin looks great" comment today. It feels goooooood.

10:01 PM  
Blogger melba said...

I never watch movies. Not because I don't like to it just seems other things take priority. That and my other house hold members dominate the television with watching cartoons or some type of sports game.
I enjoy reading about the movies you watch/will watch. Like when you wrote about Brokeback Mountain...I felt like I saw it too. My sister does that for me too. I like it. and if I ever do get to the movies I don't mind knowing what will happen.

Wishing you many smiles during your weekend.

10:18 PM  
Blogger GoGo said...

Sounds like a lovely week.

4:14 AM  
Blogger my pink sky said...

mmm...hope the days are lovely and the nights are peaceful and dreamy! I can't wait to hear more about the journal project - so exciting. and i love that photo...makes me wonder about all the hand made signs that hung there...tag sales, free kittens, lemonade stand, rodeo?(that's for you :)...be spongy this weekend and soak it all in!
~mindy

6:03 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend too! Your To-Do-List, minus the cleaning, sounds delightful.
a.

7:11 AM  
Blogger deirdre said...

I love that you are gifting yourself everyday. And such wonderful gifts. I spent yesterday giving myself a full day of gifts, ending with a nice writing session. I feel truly blessed this morning. Today begins with the gift of reading amazing blogs.

7:26 AM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

sounds like a lovely weekend! I need to update my flickr account too and Over the Hedge will be in our agenda at some point along with a haircut. (=

7:39 AM  
Blogger ArtsyMama said...

Michelle,
Sounds like you're doing really well. That's fantastic! I am excited about your journal project. I think that's a great idea to have a separate blog. Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Excellent lists of feel-good stuff, Michelle!

I like the photo too.

8:58 AM  
Blogger snowsparkle said...

love the under the covers cookie party... you are such a great mom! britton will remember those moments long into the future. i remember laying in bed with my mom, her encouraging me to make up a song and sing it for her. she always said "oh, what a wonderful song! will you sing it again for me?!" and i would be dismayed that i hadn't thought to remember what i was singing, so would just pretend to sing it again but really i was just making up another new song. we both understood eachother's game and played along. :) have a great long weekend too!

10:15 AM  
Anonymous samantha said...

I love crawling into my big bed with a book. There's just nothing like it, and yes I fall asleep with the book right beside me. I've done this for years.

So glad you're enjoying Eat, Pray, Love. I know it's popular but that's because it's GOOD - I keep thinking, this woman needs a blog!

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

I haven't bought "Eat, Pray, Love" yet only because I'm 'saving' it for my hiatus in July. I want to sprawl on the wicker loveseat on the porch with a big ol' iced tea and read to my heart's content knowing (that month) that I have no JOB to go to...and let myself just sink into that book (and others). But I ALWAYS read in bed before falling asleep...in fact, the stack of books by the bed is growing into a tower! There's so much in this post--you've got a full plate, girlfriend! :)

9:14 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

yay for a holiday weekend
and it sounds like
you plan to make the best of it!

great idea
to make sure each day
there is something small
to make you happy...
what a great habit to make!
:)

5:57 AM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

What a great week my sweet friend.

Love your wishes too:)

5:58 PM  
Blogger J's Mommy said...

Have a great memorial day and I hope you get to everything on your to-do list!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Bohemian Girl said...

ohhh...i loved the little gifts you gave yourself each day. each one of them are wonderfully divine.

how cute is it that you had a cookie party and were talking about your days and singing? what an amazing mother you are.

what did you think of the movie? i thought they had amazing chemistry and that he was a HOTTIE...geez!

xoxoxo,
boho

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home