Friday, April 14, 2006

A Grateful Good Friday



· my mom is making the pinto beans for tomorrow's birthday party so I won’t have to

· my grandmother is making the potato salad and the kids' take home treats

· the house is cleaned

· the presents are wrapped

· I was able to find a drum set at Toys R Us--I know, I know, I'm crazy and probably going to regret this decision

· Trey's mom is keeping Britton so we can get last minute details completed without him following behind us undoing them

· my mom and aunt found an Incredibles pinata

· the aqua blue typewriter I won on e-bay this week--for my art journaling of course

· TGI Friday's Gardenburger

· seeing Britton and his friends hunt Easter eggs at his daycare--and Britton even letting me get a couple of pictures of him

· spending time with my grandparents last night

· another round of Netflix movies--now if I can just find the time to watch them

· the weather is expected to be beautiful this weekend, warm but a little windy

· tomorrow is the big party and I've survived to this point!

· Happy Easter everyone!

18 Comments:

Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

The party is set and now the celebration begins! Happy happy Day!

10:57 PM  
Anonymous autum said...

Happy Easter and Happy Birthday to Britton. Enjoy your weekend!

4:20 AM  
Anonymous beansprout said...

Happy Birthday to Britton! And cngratulations to you for getting everything done. Enjoy the celebratiion!

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Adrift At Sea said...

Happy Birthday Britton and Happy Easter to you and your family. Having good co-conspirators helps. :D

5:43 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Great list and cool photo! What is that?? It looks like stone ice cream. :-)

Is Britt's birthday today or tomorrow? Either way...Happy Birthday, Britton! Hope the day goes wonderfully.

6:48 AM  
Blogger snowsparkle said...

yay michelle! a drum set for britton! you're giving him something much more than a gift with this. my son and husband are both drummers. the pounding noise they make is like the heartbeat of our home. expressions of both joy and pain find voice through this... which seems especially freeing for those who prefer not to put such things into words. enjoy every part of your weekend.
cheers! snowsparkle

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Shannon (Sentimental) said...

I got all hungry for ice cream upon seeing that photo. I thought that is what it was. :) Cool photo. I always love reading these.

7:10 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

Have a great time and take lots of pictures for us!!! :)
a.

7:33 AM  
Blogger ArtsyMama said...

Looks like you have lots of help. That's great:) Hope you have a fabulous party and a wonderful Easter. Of course I'd LOVE to see a picture of your new typewriter. Sounds soooo cool!

7:38 AM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

Can't wait to hear how it all goes and I'm sure it will be great fun. Those pinto beans......ever since you told me the quick hint of pintos, tortillas and for me, a little cheese, I've been in food heaven. Have fun and Happy Easter!

10:03 AM  
Anonymous krista said...

Ah, the blessing of family. throwing a kids birthday party is alot of work.

that typewriter sounds interesting, I hope you post a picture of it!

10:39 AM  
Blogger melba said...

Sounds like you are all set for a great weekend.
Happy Birthday to Britton and Happy Easter to you!

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

I must be hungry - I thought the photo was icecream when the page came up and I could only see the top. We got Jacob a drum set. And then we got earplugs. And then we regretted the drumset. But overall he loves drumming too and we can deal with the sound. I hope your weekend is great :-)

11:25 AM  
Blogger megg said...

happy happy happy Easter to you too! And have fun at the party! xo

12:04 PM  
Blogger lovegreendog said...

an aqua blue typewriter?!?!?!
agh, i am so envious!
hope you have a wonderful birthday/holiday weekend :)

12:29 PM  
Blogger --erica said...

happy easter and happy birthday party to Britton!

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

Must, must, MUST have a photo of that aqua blue typewriter...puhleeeze. :)

6:48 AM  
Blogger Trish said...

Oh what a wonderful list of greateful things, and everything is coming together so wonderfully!

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home