Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Giving You All I've Got


We turn outward, attracted by the beauty we see in created things without realizing that they are only a reflection of the real beauty. And the real beauty is within us.
Ernesto Cardenal

And that is all I have for you tonight my friends...a simple quote. Why you ask? Because Britton's 3rd birthday party is Saturday and I'm crazy busy trying to pull this thing together. If I survive it all it will be a miracle of God. A miracle I tell ya...right on up there with the parting of the Red Sea and the feeding of the 5,000. Britton's 1st birthday was planned to a 't' 6 months in advance. My Star Belly Sneetch and Britton's Sam-I-Am costumes were hanging in the closet weeks in advance. I started planning his 2nd birthday about a month before hand. Treasure chests were purchased and pirate gold was procured. Tink was spreading her fairy dust about weeks before the big day. This one slipped up on me and now I find myself with only 3 days left. I really thought I had another week until I realized THIS weekend is April 15th. And then, on top of that, I realized that Easter is THIS weekend too. So I'm running around like a crazy woman trying to get birthday plans pulled together and Easter goodies bought and tucked out of site. *sigh* But, after Saturday, when his smile is a mile wide and lasts for 3 days and I have pictures of me in my cute Elastagirl costume and Britton as the most adorable Dash you've ever seen, it will all be worth it. It's just getting everything done between now and then that I worry about. Is there a support group for mothers who do to much? If so I need to join it. If not I need to create one.

23 Comments:

Blogger --erica said...

Not only a birthday party but a COSTUME PARTY?? Good God.. you are really super woman aren't you!??

I cannot wait for pictures!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Living Part Deux said...

Happy Birthday, Britton. And hand in there, Michelle. I think most mothers should be ex officio members of that support group - and should wear the t-shirts to prove it.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Bohemian Girl said...

ooohhhh...i hope you have so much fun!

Happy Birthday Britton. We all celebrate you!

i have complete faith that you will pull the most fabulous party off. ;)

11:34 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

teehee...
ok..you do realize that if you
start
a support group for moms-who-do-too-much
it will be
another
thing
for you
to do?
(heehee)
and
um...
i don't just want pictures of
the dash and elastigirl...
i want to see sneetch and sam-i-am!!!!
(i'm a huge suess-like fan)

what i'm really trying to say is
kudos to you for being such a
creative mom!
:)
yay!
(and happy early birthday to britton)

3:10 AM  
Blogger snowsparkle said...

happy birthday britton! and mama, you are one amazing woman! my younger sister has a 5 year old and she does the same sort of spectacular celebration (i admit i used to too). just enjoy it and try to get some rest soon. cheers!

4:02 AM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

I love that you have costumes for birthday parties, never thought of that. Although I do covet the Elasti-girl costumes from Disney. I can't wait to see the pictures ~ have fun!!

4:05 AM  
Anonymous beansprout said...

Wow! This sounds like it'll be a wonderful party! And remember...whatever you get done will be enough because it is so full of love. Happy Birthday, Britton! Be well.

5:43 AM  
Anonymous krista said...

Indeed start one up. I'll join it too. We can have all sort of parties for it, and we can rent a hall and we can .... wait- why are we doing all the work?

haha.

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Irene said...

I've been there minus the costumes trust me everything's going to be great you super mom.

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

You can do it, Oscar Goddess!

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

oh my gosh - busy stuff. good luck! good birthday vibes coming your way...

6:27 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Can't wait to see the photos!

6:35 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

Beautiful Tulips, love them! Sounds like you'll have a GREAT party, how fun. We have a costume box with over 100 costumes all from previous halloweens. I get them the day after for like $1. My kids are huge dress up fans.
a.

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Jill said...

What a beautiful quote.

7:18 AM  
Anonymous chelle said...

aww Happy Birthday to the little guy and Happy Easter!!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Server Girl said...

ooohhhh..i am so excited to see the costumes!!! How much fun....can't wait for the pics :)

8:54 AM  
Blogger mati rose said...

wowy, that sounds so fun! what a great idea to whoop it up with costumes. you rock!

9:42 AM  
Blogger M said...

Go the Incredibles!! my 4 year old twin nieces absolutely adore the Incredibles, watch the movie over and over!Too cute! Good luck with the party, he'll love it no matter what!!

10:11 AM  
Blogger megg said...

he he - have a wonderful time! I can't wait to see the pictures! Wish Britton a happy birthday from us!!

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Charmaine said...

Sounds fun! I'm sure everything will work out. Do you sew the costumes yourself? They sound so specialized to be store-bought.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

I love seeing your passion, you give it all and that is good!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Great picture! Hope the party goes off without a hitch.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Shannon (Sentimental) said...

Happy Birthday to your little man!

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home