Friday, April 07, 2006

Crazy with Gratitude


  • feeling more positive, more hopeful, more empowered
  • the parenting conversation Trey and I had that got us back on the same page and equipped with a discipline plan
  • all the right things I did this week like utilizing time out (and not caving), reading books at bedtime, keeping my temper, painting together, and exchanging lots of hugs and kisses
  • dinner with two good friends (Anna and Damani) that I haven't seen in over 3 years
  • my head cold finally clearing up
  • the meds that helped my head cold to clear
  • trying new things like tofurky (it's okay), Pom black tea (yum), and eggplant (I'll let ya know)
  • my art journal--other's may be better...no better's not the right word, how about 'more experienced', buy my art journal is mine and that's why I love it
  • finishing Britton's birthday invitations (there's nothing like waiting till the last minute--his party's next Saturday!)
  • all the supplies that helped me finish the invitations--double sided tape, hole punch, eyelet punch, cardstock, cutter...
  • tulips

if you liked the poem I posted yesterday by Naomi Shihab Nye check out this link for another of her fabulous works

13 Comments:

Blogger Sarah e.Smith said...

What a great list. Thank you for a wonderful poem yesterday as well! I have not heard of the author before and have read more of her work, thanks to your post :) Glad to hear that your week is ending on a high note! Have a glorious weekend!

11:25 PM  
Blogger twistedsoda said...

I wanted to post earlier...let the dust settle. In fact there was nothing that I could possibly tell you that wasn't said before...until now...

You are so beautiful, your light shines brighter than most others. Don't ever feel shadowed. You are the sweetest, most caring...most vulnerable mothers of all. You make my heart smile...

12:04 AM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

I know what you mean about your art journal; mine is so rudimentary and kid-like but I'm trying to accept my work and also not cringe when I show it.

4:21 AM  
Blogger The Whole Self said...

love the expression "crazy with gratitude". and the pic is sooooo prettyprettypretty.

5:03 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

hiphiphurray for crazy gratitude!
and that was
a
fantastic list
:)

5:16 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Great list and I love the photo.

7:37 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

Great list, I actually like tofurkey...the one with stuffing already in it. Oh and covering it with cranberry sauce helps even more. :)
a.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Josephine said...

Michelle,

I'm so glad to see you return to your hopeful and optimistic self!

You are a beautiful woman, and your ever-growing story is inspiring to me.

Best wishes for your son's birthday party!!

~josephine

8:44 AM  
Blogger melba said...

That reminds me that Maggie's BDay is coming up. What kind of inviations did you make. The last few parties I have been using e-vites, but handmade is always nicer!

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

Now THAT is a burst of color. :)

4:07 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

So nice to see things are getting brighter :)

Love your Crazy with Gratitude list!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Alexandra S said...

Hard as it is to believe I had actually forgotten about this poet, and am thrilled to rediscover these poems. I had been wondering how you have been since the last time I had been able to visit after your difficult time with your son. My heart ached for your sadness, and I am glad to see you are reconnected again and have forgiven yourself. As always, loved your list of gratitude. I constantly need to remember throughout my day to be grateful fof all I cherish.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Charmaine said...

Tulips have to be one of my favorite flowers. Glad to see you're feeling better.

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home