Monday, April 10, 2006

21 Day Challenge Update

Day 15! I can't believe it! Below are the art journal pages I created for days 8-14.







15 days into the challenge and where am I? I'm doing great...not 'perfect' but I still give myself an A+. I'll admit I've missed my yoga twice and there has been a night or two when all I could manage was some light stretching. But part of the challenge is learning to listen to the needs of my body. Developing a habit includes incorporating life's interruptions and challenges and limits.
15 days into the challenge and I feel stronger and leaner and more energetic. Over the weekend I noticed a distinct change in my proud warrior pose. My legs were more flexible, stronger. I could hold the pose longer and lower. My body is feeling the benefits of 15 (minus two) days of consistent yoga practice. And I'm opening my heart to the lessons this challenge is offering as well:
  • showing up is half the battle, the first step is the hardest
  • I can go to bed hungry--it won't kill me
  • too much deprivation is never a good thing
  • get it over with--the longer I procrastinate the more likely I am to create excuses
  • if at first I don't succeed (with the art journal), layer, layer, and keep on layering...and if I still don't like it, shrug my shoulders and let it go
  • plan ahead
  • be kind to myself
  • being present is a challenge--focus on the breath
  • when temptation whispers in my ear just walk away
One more week. That's all. Just one more week. Bring it on! I'm ready. This really is a gift I'm giving myself!

21 Comments:

Blogger andrea said...

I love what you wrote and the page with the butterflys...beautiful... and what an amazing gift you are giving yourself with this journal. A treasure indeed.
Great job!
a.

7:46 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

wow! what a very inspiring collection of thoughts and art! nowadays everything is digital.. and the way you did this amazes me... cool! 8)

8:16 PM  
Anonymous beansprout said...

Great art journal pages! It's great that you recognize that this is agift you're giving to yourself. Keep up the amazing habit you're forming.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Nicole said...

Your journal is amazing. I can't imagine how empowering it is to write those phrases and design those images and then try to live it. Congrats on the warrior pose. I think you are finding your strength and flexibility in more ways than one.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I'm proud of you!

And I love seeing more of your journal pages.

8:38 PM  
Blogger snowsparkle said...

you have enough energy and creativity for 5 people. you are amazing... nice work!

12:10 AM  
Blogger mayseek life said...

wow..the positive side of discipline. i could use some to spread over me. the art journal is a visual delight and how great is taking care of your body!!i appreciate your gifting of sharing yourself.

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

before anything else, when i read this post i felt so proud of the work you're doing here. your journals are lovely lovely lovely. and your effort to let it go when a page doesn't look the way you'd hoped it would is something i struggle with often. and i pretty much suck at it (baby steps, baby steps). and yoga. the body. there is so much here i can relate to. but mostly and again i just feel proud of you and the way you're honoring yourself here (and also being kind and gentle with yourself). this is super work.

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Charmaine said...

Congratulations. It's so nice to see others succeed. I love the journal pages.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Living Part Deux said...

I am clapping wildly - can you har me? What an artist you are!!!! The journal is absolutely, absolutely beautiful. I'm blown away. Congratulations on the yoga, too. What great discoveries you have made!

7:19 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

the pages are beautiful
and interesting
and i love the list
of lessons learned...

and you make me
want to do yoga
again
:)

7:34 AM  
Blogger Glamorous Jo said...

I think this art journal is fantastic but WHERE in the WORLD do you find the time to do it??????

7:55 AM  
Blogger melba said...

I am so proud of you. Your art journal rocks!
I need to stretch and do some yoga. Maybe I can discover some poses to do while typing!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I love your art journal, I love the page with the red handprint on it.

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

god I LOVED how you gave yourself an A+ You so deserve it and am so glad you know it--- your journals are amazing! You are on fire.

there are so many ways to treat yourself if you are going to bed and your stomach is not ready-- a warm glass of milk with a sprinkle of cinnamon or warm tea etc

I'm so glad you are nurturing yourself so well-- your happiness is your greatest gift to others!

Gros bisous, bluepoppy

8:33 AM  
Blogger M said...

I love how happy you sound! You are doing a great thing just for you, it's so inspiring! Makes me want to do it! I love yoga, not sure why I'm not doing it everyday. Your journals are amazing, so colourful and full of positive vibes. One week left, you go girl!!!

10:01 AM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

It has been an amazing experience. It's much more than i expected and I'm happy with how things are turning out.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous wendy said...

your pages look really amazing!

4:42 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Congratulations on all that you've done! Your art journal is really beautiful. I'm amazed that it's new to you. You are a star!

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

Love the pages you've been creating!

6:00 AM  
Blogger telfair said...

Wow -- your journal is beautiful. It looks like a big, gorgeous treasure trove, all full of ponderings and snippets and Good Things.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home