Wednesday, March 08, 2006

One Hundred Delicious Words


Believe... Dream... Radiant... Swirling... Hope... Grace... Twirl... Forgiveness... Whimsical... Decadent... Divine... Gypsy... Boutiques... Scrumptious... Alive... Empathy... Spirit.... Bohemian... Soul... Wild... Sass... Periwinkle... Topple... Expression... Love... Sprinkle... Veritable... Holy... Gorgeous... Gracious... Surrender... Starlight... Acceptance... Cradle... Tender... Frailty... Slater... Sweet... Openness... Bloom... Whimper... Beauty... Pilgrim... Enough... Peace... Serendipity... Twang... Healing... Choice... Freedom... Piddle... Britches... Poem... Vivacious... Courageous... Tenacious... Outrageous... Abundance... Whole... Safe... Blessing... Mystery... Magical... Nuzzle... Asparagus... Wanted... Imagination... Generosity... Puddle... Mango... Magnolia... Linen... Cuisine... Tapas... Goddess... Invitation... Raw... Vulnerable... Picnic... Hummingbird... Heron... Hollyhock... Golden... Twilight... Carnival... Justice... Extraordinary... Outlandish... Intuition... Briskly... Palace... Luminous... Stairway... Fling... Paradise... Duet... Being... Bundle... Enchanted... Mommy

There are some words you just can't help but fall in love with--the meaning, the way it rolls off the tongue, the way it grabs a hold of the heart, the way it dances on the corner of your mouth. There are some words that are pure magic. And then when you take them and string them together, they take on a whole new meaning and begin a brand new dance. They become like a strand of shiny pink and white pearls, brilliant to behold, delicious to savor.

twirl radiant gypsy spirit
twilight picnics with asparagus, mangos and tapas
magical hollyhocks bloom in starlight
tender duet: grace and forgiveness
holy pilgrims cradle frailty
my bohemian soul blooms into a poem

What combinations can you create?

27 Comments:

Blogger mati rose said...

ohhh, these words!!! makin' me periwinkle gypsy twirl happy!

8:07 PM  
Blogger snowsparkle said...

very cool! love the freespirit of these words. i'm inspired!

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Shannon (sentimental) said...

Those words are all such thought provoking words. Words that invoke memories, songs and poems or special moments. I love it. We did a similiar thing in our poetry class. Twenty words and write a poem with them. It ended being one of my best yet!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Outrageous Abundance: an Invitation to Cradle the Divine

Twirl in the Raw Moonlight;
Topple into Periwinkle Blooms,
Whole, Safe, Alive with Wild Mystery.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Sarah e.Smith said...

What an inspiring post. I have pages of word lists that I used to create my poetry. It has been such a long time since I have written a poem...i do believe that you have inspired me to try and write again..... :)

9:33 PM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

this is fantastic. i love these words!
divine gypsy dreams of healing
magical enchanted starlight
gorgeous alive bohemian sass

9:48 PM  
Blogger Bohemian Girl said...

healing nuzzle carnival.

*nuzzle*

9:57 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

You 'paint' the most beautiful images.

10:49 PM  
Anonymous irene said...

ahhh LOVE those words. some of my favorite words are "bee" and anything with "berry", blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, etc. they just make me feel happy!

12:18 AM  
Blogger megg said...

You have a real way with language that shows how much you love it. I used to make a list in the back of one of my journals of all of the words that I loved. My favorites were Succulent, Sensuous, enchanted, twilight, sparkle... i think it't time to go back to my list!

2:13 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Surrender starlight.
Sprinkle sass.

Mmm, thanks for that yummy post. I enjoyed every morsel.

4:06 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

what a great idea...
i may have to
experiment
to find my words
and see how they
compare...

i love how you
strung
them together...
tasty combinations
:)

4:18 AM  
Blogger The Cubicle Reverend said...

Beer is a delicisious word too. Also BBQ.

5:33 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

amen....you grace filled gorgeous girlie full of hope and a bit of sass. i hope you day is filled
with magical myterys and raw enchantment.

hee....k

6:11 AM  
Blogger Josephine said...

I LOVE this post!! I love "hollyhock"...

Thanks for the poetic inspiration...

6:37 AM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

Words are delicious and so is this post.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Neil said...

I'm glad I read this. I didn't even know "piddle" was an English word. My grandmother always said something about "piddling away your time," so I always assume it was a Yiddish word piddel.

11:01 AM  
Blogger mayseek life said...

simply glimmering...... literal imaging! your words are luscious.
thanks

11:57 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

These were so lovely! I love them all and just the idea of "pretty words" is brilliant!
a.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61532537@N00/
You inspired me to follow suite
I have posted mine on Flickr!
Blessings to you
Your weblog is so lovely!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Turquoise CRO said...

***Candlelight Moon sail on a Patchoulli chocolate pudding rainbow colored night***
and that Beer and BBQ sounds yummy!
Is there some way we all could write a line to a poem, like write a comment or pass it on or something??? Great inspiring post! and I LOVE that delicate looking china!!!!Can I come over for tea???LOL

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

LOVE this, Michelle! And if I weren't in such a pre-work rush, I'd play along. :)

6:45 AM  
Anonymous krista said...

This reminds me of magnetic poetry! You sould make magnets of these words and put them on your fridge, make a new poem everyday. What fun.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Laini Taylor said...

I'm a word collector, too. Love these!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Lori Witzel said...

Ahh! A new game!

How about haiku?

********

Sweet golden mangoes
wrapped in raw linen, bundled.
Abundant twilight.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous helene said...

happy to discover your blog (via Tongue in cheek) - i like your "my day in bullet points" note a lot - and I love this words list and the idea of combination - I can not write but by combining words - also think of "belle marquise vos yeux beaux d'amour mourir me font" or more recently "de battre mon coeur s'est arrété"...

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Ravi said...

Lovely.
All I can say is chandelier, trampoline, kaleidoscope, Satsuma.
Lovely blog.
Thanks
X

Ravi

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home