Saturday, March 04, 2006

MamaSaysOm - Silly


Dear Bdog,

I love you because although motherhood can bring out the worst in me, most of the time you bring out the best.
I love you because you are a perfect combination of me, your dad, and this incredibly unique human being that is you.
I love you because you have more love in your heart than I ever imagined possible.
I love you because you are always so good at remembering to say please and thank you.
I love you because the first time you saw me after I got my hair cut you said, "Mom I love your haircut."
I love you because you are overflowing with grace and forgiveness.
I love you because tonight you placed an extra pillow on my side of the bed so that I wouldn't roll off.
I love you because earlier in the week we took dinner to Papa for his birthday and as we pulled up to Uncle Clay's house you said, "I just love Clay and Papa."
I love you because you live in a constant state of wonder.
I love you because you are full of spirit.
I love you because you remind me how to live and what's important.
I love you because you never cease to amaze me.
I love you because you chose me...and I chose you.
I love you because you are Britt, and that is always enough.
I love you because you put the silly into my life.

I love you for so many reasons and this is just a few of them
love,
Mom

10 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

You have a lot of love happening there.

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Janine said...

A Beautiful post, what a cute little guy!

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

Love the one about the pillow. :)

1:06 AM  
Blogger megg said...

How lucky you both are to have each other! He's so adorable. You're obviously a fantastic Mom!!!

1:39 AM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

This is a great sentence....

"I love you because you put silly into my life"

what a wonderful gift having a wee one is!

4:23 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

beautiful reasons
and the pictures are
too cute...
:)

4:51 AM  
Anonymous autum said...

The tears started with the pillow one! What a wonderful gift you give yourself and Britt with these letters.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

"I love you because tonight you placed an extra pillow on my side of the bed so that I wouldn't roll off."

That sentence made me go "aaaaawwww" out loud.

Love the photo collage.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Shannon (sentimental) said...

That is so sweet Momma. Just beautiful!

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Adrift at Sea said...

I think BDog is very lucky to have you as a mommy, even if you dress him up in funny costumes. :D

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home