Sunday, March 05, 2006

It's a Perfect Day...for the Oscars!


I don't know what the weather is like in your area of the world but in my little corner of West Texas it is perfectly warm, perfectly still, and perfectly blue...making it a perfect day for the Oscars! Yes peeps I'm about to head over to my friend Cherri's for our favorite night of the year. (We party at Cherri's house because she has cable and tivo, two essentials for proper Oscar viewing.) It only happens once a year and then we have to wait another 365 days for the next big night. I'm cuttin' it short so that I can be on my way but I'm sure to have more Oscar goodies to share with you tomorrow--more of the "ohhh"s and "ahhh"s, more of the best and worst dressed, more of the celebration and shockers. Until then let me just say my car is packed with 2 foot spas, 1 box of essential oils and herbal foot creams, 1 bottle of gold nail polish, 2 of the most darling gold vintage-looking purses you've ever seen stuffed with fancy lipsticks, scrumptious soaps and lotions, black silk floral pins, and sparkly, dangly earrings. I've also packed 3 kiddie fun kits, one for each of our children, 1 bottle of vodka, 1 bottle of appletini mix, 2 vintage shakers, 2 martini glasses, and my traditional gold Oscar bag containing a notebook, colored pens and highlighters, a movie journal, an Oscar trivia book, and my 2006 Entertaninment Weekly Oscar issue (Yes we're both notetakers. I told you were serious about this!) So until tomorrow, "Hooray for Hollywood!"

Oh and no need to worry about how I'll possibly make it to work tomorrow after all this excitement. I took the day off!

21 Comments:

Anonymous autum said...

I thought I enjoyed watching the oscars. You mean business girl! It sounds like a blast. Have a wonderful time and I'll check back tomorrow to see if we agree on the best and worst dressed.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Bohemian Girl said...

you are too adorable!!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Oh it sounds soooo fun. I have never gotten such pleasure from the oscars but now you have me wanting to watch them:)

4:40 PM  
Anonymous samantha said...

It sounds like so much fun! I always want to throw an Oscar party but never do - maybe next year I'll make it happen! And I'm gettin out my Entertainment Weekly Oscar ballot in just a minute -might as well keep up with the trophies!

But really, I'm just looking forward to Jon Stewart. And all the dresses!!

4:55 PM  
Blogger ArtsyMama said...

Sounds like a fun night. You never told us your picks:)

5:48 PM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

Oh so much fun! The show has just ended...hope your night was fantastic!

8:34 PM  
Blogger snowsparkle said...

wasn't john stewart the best mc ever!?!? I laughed so hard at the intro piece about the cowboy movie genre. my small group in california were socked that crash won instead of brokeback. so what was your take on the evening? hope you had a great time!

9:36 PM  
Blogger snowsparkle said...

ooooops! i meant "shocked", not "socked"! guess i've had a half glass too much wine to manage typing at this point!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

That is one of the things I miss living in France...the creative fun Oscar Parties!!
The either small complaint about living in France...Having to find these movies in V.ersion O.riginal. Eitherwise Johnny Cash's character is parlez with a country accent in French, way to weird! Happy Oscars! Can't wait for the recap!

11:18 PM  
Blogger megg said...

Hi there! We don't get the Oscars here so PUH-LEASE, tell me everything!!

1:49 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

now
THAT
is just too
adorable
and
quirky.

sigh.
i wish you
lived
here.
:)

3:22 AM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

It was fun last night....LOVED that Crash won, love the whole show, it was good this year.
Have an amazing day off today!!

IMO......
Best dressed: Reese Witherspoon
Worst: Charlize Theron

4:12 AM  
Anonymous Charmaine said...

Yeah, what was with that bow on her dress? It looked like a second head. At least, I think that was her -- wasn't it?

Love the post. Love that you take time to celebrate little things. And your new nephew is adorable.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

How fun, Your Oscar party sounds like so much fun. I had to watch it with Jack and Stella jumping all over me. With all of that I still LOVED it...my favorite dress hands down was Michelle Williams yellow dress.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Bohemian Girl said...

i haven't watched the Oscar's in a while but this year i did because i was in love with a few of the movies nominated for best picture:

brokeback mountain, munich, crash, constant gardener...all amazing.

i have yet to see Capote...but will do so.

i think my favorite dress was Uma Thurman's...although, there were many glamourous ones this year!

who was your favorite?

9:01 AM  
Blogger lovegreendog said...

wow, sounds like fab. fun!
i can't wait to read your review!

9:41 AM  
Blogger twistedsoda said...

I am so in the need to be sitting under that tree right now!!!!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Mardougrrl said...

I missed most of them (practically sacrilege for me) but I haven't seen any of the movies either...alas, motherhood! ;)

I loved Reese Witherspoon's speech and Michelle Williams's dress, though. Did you have fun?

2:30 PM  
Blogger dani said...

so what's your rap on the oscars? who looked the best/worst? made the best speech etc etc?

my rap:

*heath should have one.
*michelle williams did look gorgeous.
*glad ang lee won! and the screenplay dudes.
* is george clooney getting more gorgeous? maybe i just love his politics?
* i was glad it was less about razzamattaz this year and the speeches were kept short.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Crikey! Here in Melbourne it all happens during the day on a Monday. We come home and see it highlighted on the seven o'clock news and sit down to a plate of spaghetti or something. Not a gold nail to be seen!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Alina Chau said...

beautiful photo!!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home