Thursday, February 09, 2006

Thanks I Needed That


I know we've all had those moments, moments when divinely inspired words have found us in the midst of our life's sweet craziness. It's in those moments our perspective shifts, we feel a weight being lifted, and we breathe a little deeper. It's in those moments that we are reminded of a truth we know and hold dearly but which we've just been momentarily sidetracked from living. I had one of those moments. Britton, still on the mend, was napping and I finally decided to pick up a book I ordered right after Christmas: Sabrina Ward Harrison's The True and the Questions. Her opening paragraphs shot straight to my heart and left me in tears. This is what I needed. These words, at this particular time, were meant just for me. And I was reminded of what is true and beautiful and holy.

Life is messy. We are juggling our balls of grocery lists and birthday cards to send, e-mails to write and appointments to reschedule(or sick children to care for), keeping them moving in the air. We are all carrying so many things in our life, and inside ourselves. Often it feels there is no place to put them down. Where do you place the questions you carry? The sadness and the epiphanies? The quite worries? Where can you put down the truth, as messy and new and raw as it sometimes feels? Where are your colors? I believe we must create what we most need to find...We have to make room for our life in progress...Trust the mess and the not knowing. This is the real part, the most interesting part...As women we must be heard along the way. We must share how it really feels, what we know but cant place. We must take a deep breath and let go....Trust the mess. Trust yourself. Leave ripples. (Sabrina Ward Harrison, The True and the Questions)

Thanks, I needed that!

15 Comments:

Blogger megg said...

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing that - it has just what I needed too! Hope you & Britton feel better soon. LOVE to you both!

7:22 AM  
Blogger mayseek life said...

wow...sometimes the right words and the right moment hook up!!i needed to have seen your journal right now..i can trust the unknowing today. thank you for the energy to pass it on.

7:24 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

beautius chickie....

7:50 AM  
Blogger vicci said...

Aaaahhh Yes! Thanks...I needed that also...it is amazing what a few words can do for one's well-being!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

How beautiful. Those words just reach inside and see you. Thank you for sharing them.

8:03 AM  
Blogger carmen said...

Again I love your photos. Sometimes it's hard for me to read your entries because I'm so over whelmed with the photo shots you put in there. As always great great work.

Carmen

8:20 AM  
Blogger Josephine said...

Indeed words to soothe the frays, sort of like a strawberry smoothie in paragraph form~

By the way, thank you so much for linking to me!!

Sincerely ~ Josephine

9:26 AM  
Anonymous beansprout said...

Thank you so much! I definitely need to hear/read those words today as I juggle my own mess. Beautiful. Hope your baby boy is feeling much better.

12:16 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

i love that part...
"leave ripples"
so visual...

2:07 PM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

I needed this too. Thank you.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

"Leave ripples." I love that.

7:56 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

got that book for my birthday and it is always such a treat for me each time I carve out a moment to sit down and read a little bit of it. it feeds you, doesn't it?

10:14 PM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

thank. i needed this reminder.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Frankie said...

Thank YOU! I needed that too. What a wonderful quote!

8:21 PM  
Anonymous julia/ ticky tacky said...

Beautiful. I read your intro and thought, "Well, this woman is quite tender- hearted,* we'll see about this ..." And then I read the passage. And it perfectly describes what I feel. And I ... I felt little tears forming. Huh. Must go order.

*just meaning that I've grown too cynical over the last few years.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home