Monday, February 13, 2006

meme to the rescue

It's almost 10 pm. I just walked in the door from completing my last minute Valentine's Day shopping. I still have to get Britton's goodies together for his party tomorrow. I'm tired, irritable, and uninspired. Plus I just haven't' liked anything I've been writing lately. I think I'm going through a dry spell. What does one do in times like these? A meme! Thanks for the tag Madness!


What Were You Doing Ten Years Ago?

February 13, 1996 would have been exactly 1 month and 3 days before my wedding to my ex-husband. I'm sure I was in the midst of last minute planning and preparations and I probably had larangitis. I lost my voice several times in the months before the wedding and then again just days before. According to Louise Hay loosing one's voice is symbolic of loosing one's power. HMMMMMM... You don't say. That perfectly describes me and my marriage.


Five Snacks You Enjoy

1. beef jerky
2. fresh fruit topped with vanilla yogurt and chopped walnuts
3. chips and salsa (and maybe a little guacamole too)
4. humus on Dr. Krackers flatbread
5. cheese...any kind and on anything

Five Songs To Which You Claim To Know The Lyrics (because honestly I don't think I really know the lyrics to anything but The Star Spangled Banner)

1. Bruce Springsteen's ThunderRoad
2. The Beatles' Hey Jude
3. John Lennon's Beautiful Boy (for Britton)
4. Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard's Poncho and Lefty (and I love the Emmylou Harris version as well)
5. Janis Joplin's Me and Bobby McGee

Five Things You Would Do If You Were a Millionaire

1. pay off all my debt
2. invest enough to live off the earnings
3. quit my job and begin to persue my dreams and interests...like going back to school and working in a bookstore
4. fly myself and my family to Paris
5. invest in other people's dreams


Five Bad Habits

1. leaving my clothes laying everywhere...for days...and days...and days
2. leaving my dishes in the sink instead of putting them in the dishwasher
3. picking at my cuticles until the bleed--but I don't bite my nails
4. ignoring car maintenance needs (I killed one by letting it run out of oil)
5. getting sucked into celebrity gossip

Five Favorite Things in My Home...see collage above

Five Favorite Words (my addition to the tag)

1. whismy/whimsical
2. believe
3. decadent
4. scrumptious
5. grace

22 Comments:

Anonymous beansprout said...

Ahhhh...I love that we get to discover ALL these wonderful details about you simply because you arrived home feeling uninspired and irritable. Even when you're not trying you still ROCK!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Frankie said...

It's so strange that you mentioned that "dry spell" because that's EXACTLY how I've been feeling as well and I'm really not quite sure why...it's nice to know I'm not the only one. This is a GREAT tag list thought and I LOVE your addition to it. You picked 5 of my favorite words too! Hope things turn around soon! HUGS! xoxo

9:04 PM  
Blogger --erica said...

I love your favorite words..and I think I can say "me, me" to the bad habits too..except I'm a nail biter! GASP!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Hey hey hey...are your reading your comments??? It seems many viewers here find you very inspiring...AND even in your, as you call it "uninspiring moment," you post a fabulous photo...
You wrote that if you were a millionair you would invest in other people's dream...You are a millionaire because you invest in our dreams by your savoir-faire, inspiring post!!
In fact I wager a bet..how many people come here knowing they will be touched by Michelle's blog?
Count me as 1 !!!

9:37 PM  
Blogger madness rivera said...

LOVE the addition of the words, Michelle. Scrumptious! ahahha.

I also love your collage.

Dry spell, be gone!

10:40 PM  
Blogger telfair said...

I LOVE your writing and even when YOU'RE dissatisfied with it, it still blows me away!
Love the "meme" though, and I'm so happy that we got to learn more about you!

11:52 PM  
Anonymous pooker said...

If this is a dry spell then count your blessings. Your words and images are always beautiful and inspire me on a daily basis.

You are a baeutiful soul living the best life they can! And thats inspiring and wonderful.

Glad your little man is feeling better. xxx

12:57 AM  
Blogger megg said...

Hi,

I really enjoyed this. As I am new to reading people's blogs, it is really nice to get to know you through your answers to all of the questions recently! And I used to know all of the words to Me and Bobby McGee - I wonder if I still do! Hope the party and your Valentines Day goes wonderfully!

1:19 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

this is great!
i also know all the words to
me and bobby mcgee
ESPECIALLY when there has been
alcohol involved cause then i'm a
fantastic singer too bahahahahaha...

great list
and love the collage
by the way, we were late and stressed
with the valentines prep too...agh.

happy valentines to you
:)

3:08 AM  
Blogger Frivolitea said...

I love the images that you post. They are beautiful!

3:47 AM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

Wonderful list! I killed a car once too ~ the oil ran out, the engine froze and it was my dad's car. Oh and for the real corker, as the car was smoking by the side of the road (this is WAY before cell phones)who do you think drove by but my dad? pfft.

4:06 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

love your list....cuticles, me too!
but i do it to my nails as well.
love janice joplin, celebrity gossip, me too. only i just
bitch about how stupid and spoiled they all are. i dig chips and salsa, but i really love guacamole.
i make some really good guac!
and my favorite words are happy and sweet!

happy, sweet tuesday chickie!

5:16 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Loved reading your answers, Michelle. I got tagged for this meme by a friend who saw it on mad organica and will be posting mine tomorrow.

As others have said, you may have felt like you've been going through a dry spell lately, but I've loved every post you've written, dry spell or no. You're very talented.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Josephine said...

I love the collage! Especially the silver bowl brimming with strands of pearls. Very pretty and essential.

Dry spell? To me you seem divinely inspired! You're an incredibly talented writer.

~Josephine

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love htat collage-- it is beautiful and totally fed my soul this morning AND the blue bouquet below, too-- GORGEOUS!

~bluepoppy

9:02 AM  
Blogger baylor said...

I love this list. I love list. I can identify with lots of things on this list too!

I hate to feed the frenzy, but here is my favoite gossip site:

Pink is the New Blog:
www.trent.blogspot.com

9:23 AM  
Blogger Laini Taylor said...

That collage looks like a page out of a magazine or a beautiful greeting card. Judging by those, I'd guess your house to look like a cozy french B&B. And I love your 5 favorite words -- every one of them I also love.

5:07 PM  
Blogger yaya said...

I can't believe someone else picks their cuticles until they bleed! I hate it but just can't stop - especially when I am stressed and nervous.

6:37 PM  
Blogger tara dawn said...

I love this tag! I'm too all-consumed with school at the moment to really do the kind of writing I would like. And so thank you for this opportunity...I can write without putting my entire emotions into this, and yet still express myself. Thank you for expressing yourself.
I love learning new things about you.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Swirly said...

Thunder Road is my favorite song EVER - no joke. That is kooky. Have you heard the live version where he sings it with a piano? Makes me teary everytime.

10:30 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

great list! I love this meme. then again, I love all memes. was tagged by miss madness as well and will be posting mine sometimes next week, I think. oh, and I love your addition! words! totally biting this and adding it to my own list (if that's okay)... :)

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

I'm not sure I know all of the lyrics to almost ANY song...and didn'r realize that until I read your meme answers. Pretty pathetic for someone who lives with a musician. :)

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home