Friday, February 03, 2006

Grateful Friday


~Hooray for Hollywood! Topping my grateful Friday list is the announcement of the 2006 Oscar nominations. Yeah! Oscar season is upon us. I'm thrilled for Brokeback Mountain and Crash. I'm bursting with excitement for Felicity Huffman, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Matt Dillon (although I'm still angry at him for never writing me back after I sent him a fan letter when I was in the 6th grade!) I'm overjoyed for Joaquin Phoenix, Terrence Howard, and Paul Giamatti (he got robbed last year). Let the Oscar party planning begin!

~And speaking of movies, I'm grateful that Capote is finally here and that Goodnight and Goodluck, which came and went without my getting to see it, has returned...it must be the Oscar nomination. I'll be seeing both soon.

~I'm grateful that when I walked out the front door this morning the ground and sidewalk were wet. A light shower last night ended our 80+ day drought. It wasn't much, but we'll take it. Mine and Britton's ran dance last weekend must have worked.

~I'm grateful for mechanical pencils...just because.

~I'm grateful for dining with my sisters, aunt, and cousins at Ruby Tequilas--see pic below.

~I'm grateful for the wonderful package of Arbonne goodies from my sis, who is now sporting the signature Arbonne white Mercedes.

~I'm grateful for last night's Italian dinner party with friends. We're hoping this becomes a regular monthly event. Good food, good friends, good wine=good times...and a slight buzz.

~I'm grateful for the life and spirit of Coretta Scott King. Thank you for shining brightly sister.

~And I love the drive-home conversations with Britton. Apparently this week he did a lot of typing and talking on the phone (hmmmm...sounds vaguely familiar). Then he went to Neverland and fought pirates with a sword. Then a pirate kissed him. Goodness my son has very busy days.

~Highlight of the week: lunch with my friend Irma. She even bought me some flowers...my favorites...Gerber daisies.

~Must see movie of the week: Les Choristes. I wonderful story about seeing past the labels and choosing to believe in the good in people. (It's French so if subtitles bother you don't rent this flick.)

~Finally...check out these bloggers I've been enjoying.

More to Me
life as i know it
Marvelousmadness
Appalachian Mermaid

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous photo! Gorgeous--

~Elizabeth
http://bluepoppy.omworks.com

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Toryssa said...

What a gorgeous group of woman that is your family!

My son tells stories like B's... he talks in such earnestness about dragons that I sometimes start to believe him.

6:50 PM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

a wonderful list and beautiful group of women.
love the travels britton has been on this week...

12:15 PM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

A great grateful list!

8:04 PM  
Blogger telfair said...

Lots of lovely women in that pic!

I loved the rundown of Britton's week...his sounds so much more interesting & enjoyable than mine!

I wouldn't mind being kissed by a pirate, if he looked like Johnny Depp. ;)

12:56 AM  
Blogger Frankie said...

What a wonderful list! I especially like hearing about Britton's day, filled with typing and talking on the phone and pirates and romance. What a great life he has!

7:01 AM  
Blogger twistedsoda said...

what a bea-u-ti-ful group of goddesses!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Josephine said...

Thank you, Michelle!!

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

What a beautiful family of women!!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home