Monday, February 06, 2006

check out this tag...


I've been tagged by Marvelousmadness and Ramblings of an Ever-Hungry Mind aka Rustic Relics to answer some intriguing questions. I'm combining both tags into one and only answering the questions I haven't answered in previous tags. This ought to be fun because these questions are awesome...

When you were little, what three things did you want to be when you grew up?

A wife/mother
A famous actress
Miss America or Wonder Woman

You can live one day from you childhood over again. Which day will it be?

The day my grandparents took me, my sisters and my cousins to the beach for the first time. The sight of all that water was both exciting and overwhelming. I loved laying in the sun, the sand rubbing my skin raw. I loved watching others both celebrate and battle their bodies. I loved the families laughing together. I loved building sandcastles and burying each other in the sand. I loved digging for seashells. To this day I have a ziploc baggie of sand from that trip in my cedar chest.

You have two minutes (and a mover with you if you need heavy lifting help!) to grab 5 things from your home before it morphs into a polka dotted hobgoblin and hops away. What will you take? (Food/drink/family/friends excluded!)

my bookshelf loaded down with favorite books (thank god we get the movers! ha! they better be fast)
the keepsake box containing all the goodies of Britton's I've collected over the years (cloths, drawings, pictures, etc.)
my camera
my laptop, only because all my photos are downloaded on to it
my cedar chest which contains some family photos, my baby album, and various other things I've collected since elementary school

You have to paint one quote on your kitchen wall. Whats it going to be?

I love Marvelousmadness' quote but I won't steal it. So I'm going with the phrase I saw on Rustic Relics' site...Live Your Poem!

What is one thing you want to have accomplished by the end of this year?

take the GRE...I'd like to get it out of the way so I couldn't finally make a decision about graduate school

You are moving to the moon for one year and can only bring one flower with you. What kind will you bring?

the ever charming and friendly Gerber daisy

You just received word that aside from one flower, you can also bring five books with you! Your choices?

Eat Mangos Naked by SARK--because it always makes me feel better
Mary Oliver's collected poems--because I never tire of her inspiring words
War and Peace...ha, not really! East of Eden--because I might need a little fiction to keep myself entertained and this one is nice and long
Chocolat--because I've never read it but I love the movie, I might want something I've never read before
a blank journal--thanks for the idea megg--because I just may need to write my own poetry and create my own fiction

4 places I wish I lived:

Paris France
Austin TX

a charming cottage somewhere in England

a quaint villa in Tuscany

4 favorite Authors:

Toni Morrison
SARK
Mary Oliver...okay, she's a poet but I'm still counting her

Alice Steinbeck

4 of my favorite artists:

Mistyeyed Art
Mati Rose
Green Girl Art
Firstborn Studio
Swirly
Christina Rosalie
Rustic Relics
okay, I know that's more than 4 but I can't help it. There's so much inspiration out there.

4 dreams I have (for myself):

go to graduate school
learn to play at least one song on the acoustic guitar
travel Europe
watch Britton grow into a healthy, happy, self-actualized adult


Tag, you're it!

15 Comments:

Blogger Misty Mawn said...

I love your list! and I'm on it...HOW cool is that!!! Thank you! I really have to read Eat Mangos Naked!

9:04 PM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

how i love these lists...
read chocolat - a beautiful, beautiful story.
so much good stuff here.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Alexandra S said...

Hello M- This was so much fun reading through your replies. I think I forgot my SARK books in my list. How could I? When I was in the Peace Corps I brought all of her books with me because I knew I would need them at my best and worst moments (esp worst!) I hope this will be your year to go to grad school too- What do you plan to study there? So many things in your replies that I said "Oh yeah! me too!... I want to go there (Austin)....I love Mary Oliver dearly too..And Swirly, and tonight discovering Mistyeyed's Art for the first time (so magnificent). Its funny how even though we know our favorite writers and artists must be cherished by so many others, still, when you actually meet someone who you share the same admiration of, its always such a pleasure! Thank you for a wonderful read this evening!

10:43 PM  
Blogger madness rivera said...

These are great! Hey, I thought I was Marvelous Madness!

11:55 PM  
Blogger sheela said...

fantastic! esp. loved the beach memory...

1:29 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

these are awesome...
what great questions!
and heh, i also wanted to be
wonder woman...
loved the answers
:)

3:56 AM  
Blogger megg said...

Hi there,
I also forgot to put my SARK books on my list. But a list of only 5 books... impossible! I also forgot that I wanted to be Wonder Woman. I think it's hilarious that you got tagged on both of the games at the same time. I very much enjoyed getting to know you better today - thanks for the read!

4:27 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

can you believe i have yet
to read a sark book! i have
one on my amazon wish list.
i think a may order that today

happy tuesday!

6:47 AM  
Anonymous matirose said...

aww, thanks for the artist call-out! i love your lists and may have to try this out:)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Josephine said...

Wow! Graduate school? Good for you!

You'll do fine on the GRE, trust me, if I can score well on it, then you can too! All it takes is that you set a date and buy a book and do the practice tests. That will be enough to refresh your memory :)

~To your dreams ~ Josephine

12:08 PM  
Blogger carmen said...

I loved learning more about you. Thanks for sharing.

1:23 PM  
Blogger melba said...

What do you want to go to graduate school for? I sometimes fill in the blanks I have for blogging friends. I just assumed you wanted to be a published poet (like that was your dream job) You mention that you work, what is your job? Everyone seems kind of glamorous in the blog world...You expose yourself here, but I tend to only think of the good parts of my blogging friends. Do you know what I mean?

1:27 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

you said "self-actualized".

1:34 PM  
Blogger Swirly said...

What wonderful insights into your life and dreams. And I have to ask - did we ALL want to be Wonder Woman when we were growing up? ;)

10:16 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

ooooh, this is so fun. I just might have to do this one.

p.s. you ARE wonder woman... :)

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home