Sunday, February 05, 2006

A-B-C-D


I've been inspired by beansprout to compose my own ABC's to live by. This list isn't my advice to you, but words written to myself, a gentle reminder of the life I choose to create.

Acknowledge life's blessings because they truly are all around.
Befriend your body and your emotions. They have a lot to teach.
Criticizing yourself is easy. We all know our faults and failures. But kindness towards yourself...that is remarkable. Cradle your wounds. Let your shadow breathe. Practice forgiving yourself.
Dare to slip out of your comfort zone.
Everything looks a little better after a long nap or a good cry.
Feather boas have an amazing ability to lift one's spirit.
Give yourself permission to live the life you want.
Hear yourself--Heal yourself.
Indulge--long baths, good music, favorite foods, flowers for your desk. You deserve it.
Judging others does little more than create both boxes and close-mindedness.
Keep the relationship lines open. As badly as you may want to shut down, stay open.
Learn to trust your inner knowing.
Master the art of humanity.
Nature is an incredible healer.
Open your arms, your heart, and your mind.
Play often.
Question without guilt.
Refuse to be afraid of yourself.
SARK is good for the soul (inspiration line--415-397-7275)
The only meaning is the meaning you give.
Understanding can be incredibly difficult and incredibly rewarding.
Value the differences.
Why not?
Xpect failure, expect heartbreak, but also expect joy.
You are your very own superhero--so live like it.
Zealously support a worthy cause just like beansprout suggests.

25 Comments:

Blogger dani said...

you are awesome - this is a brilliant list!

9:21 PM  
Anonymous courtney said...

Very inspiring!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Living Part Deux said...

These are wonderful affirmations. Thanks for articulating them and sharing them with all of us! You are quite an inspiration, you know, and a great encourager as well!

10:29 PM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

beautiful. thank you for sharing these gentle reminders.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Server Girl said...

what a cute idea!

11:21 PM  
Blogger twistedsoda said...

Refuse to be afraid of yourself...oh, I like this. This alone represents some of my earlier fears. This will make a good title for my next altered journal...thank you!

11:40 PM  
Blogger megg said...

Every time I come to your site I go away a little bit altered! You are inspiring and honest and I just love this post so much. I agree - refuse to be afraid of yourself is a powerful statement. I'm going to think about that one a lot today!

1:29 AM  
Blogger mayseek life said...

i admire your choices and like the play of ideas--something as simple as abc's can guide a life of genuine existence....thanks

4:32 AM  
Blogger ArtsyMama said...

This is great. I may have to do this one too:)

4:36 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

i love them all
but i especially
love I
heehee...
:)

4:52 AM  
Blogger The Whole Self said...

this is great...a good assignment for me--i've got to get crackin' on it!

6:19 AM  
Anonymous beansprout said...

Ha! Ha! So glad you were inspired by my ABC's to do your own. This is a wonderful use of the alphabet, my friend!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Alexandra S said...

I'm printing that out and pasting it in my journal! Thank you! ...AND...I've launched a new tag w/ some questions I wrote yesterday and you're one of the five I tagged- so when you have a chance, hop over to my site! - And have a wonderful week!!!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Sarah e.Smith said...

What a great idea...you have inspired me to create a list like this too :) I wonder what it is about lists that really allow for self refelction and deconstruction...i love reading your blog, you are truly inspiring!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Josephine said...

I love "M" - beautifully stated! It's inspiring to see someone living for the moment, and reveling in beauty...

9:15 AM  
Blogger melba said...

So many truths...I want to read them again and again and learn to live them...

11:08 AM  
Anonymous irene said...

LOVE. THIS. POST.

1:01 PM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

Fabulous idea ~ I love your photo choice as well.

3:16 PM  
Blogger tara dawn said...

Great post...what a nice reminder! Though it was written for your own personal reasons, I am choosing to use it as my own reminder as well. It depicts the simplicity and fullness of a life well lived.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are the ABCs children should be learning from the start!

Fabulous--

~Elizabeth
http://bluepoppy.omworks.com

4:05 PM  
Blogger Frankie said...

Beautiful ABCs. I'll learn them like a child, meticulously repeating the lesson of each until they're in my head. Thanks for teaching me! And what a wonderful picture!! It brightened my day!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Misty Mawn said...

What a cool idea! I Love it!

...long naps and a good cry...couldn't have said it better! That goes for the whole list!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Delicious letters to live by and how clever to attach M&Ms as a photo, now each time I eat some i'll think about your ABC with M&Ms

5:28 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

this is so fabulous.

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

LOVE THIS! May have to do a list of my own...

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home