Sunday, January 08, 2006

Taking a Risk



Last night the moon was a perfect half-circle in the cloudy, black sky.
It was as if Mother Nature had sliced her in two,
saving the other half for a darker time,
a time when the world needs a little more hope.
Even in her dismembered state, she was bold and seductive,
wooing me to her.
This night even the stars couldn't compare to her brilliance.
If you've never slipped into the night with
nothing but a candle and a book of poetry,
if you've never danced in the darkness with no other audience
but the stars
it's well worth it.
It's well worth the chill and the quizzical looks.
It's well worth whatever the risk may be.
After all, any risk taken that leads you closer
to who you truly want to be,
whether gypsy, goddess, priestess, artist, or warrior,
is always well worth it.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Marilyn said...

Amen.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Beansprout said...

Yes!!! It is well worth it. Here's to being bold and taking more risks!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Mary-Sue said...

wow! beautiful. you are stunning! thanks for sharing yourself with the world...
have you got the We'Moon daytimer? a MUST for finding your goddess self...

7:14 PM  
Blogger melba said...

What a great image came to mind...reading by moonlight. There is such a comforting feeling from your poetry...and a feeling of belonging to each other, the earth, the sky, the moon...

8:52 PM  
Blogger --erica said...

I am not a risk taker by nature..thank you for the encouragement to go outside of myself..at least sometimes!

9:51 PM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

indeed. keep dancing my friend.

10:46 PM  
Blogger madreperla said...

dear michelle
happy new year¡!
with your blog today, you have, in a curious cosmical way, given me an answer that Im looking for.
taking risks is always worth it.
and thank you for reminding me that the riskier it may be, the more it belongs to your true heart.

PS. how can I link you within the blog text?

5:31 AM  
Blogger Living Part Deux said...

Melba put it very well - the sense of belonging to the earth, the sky, the moon - sending that oneness is a solitary magical experience. Beautifully written.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous lela said...

{a big smile is resting on my lips}

10:46 AM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

In my heart I'm a nomad but the actuality of me is playing it safe more than I'd like. I'm so inspired by the beginnings of a creative and exploratory year.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Frankie said...

Oh so true! Beautifully written! I love the idea of the moon split in two, being saved for a darker night. GORGEOUS.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Mary-Sue said...

oops! should've included this: www.wemoon.ws
it's SO beautiful. When I read your blog I think you should submit some writing to them too! They're accepting contributions for the '08 calendar and the theme is STRENGTH.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Server Girl said...

what a pretty picture...i love it!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Swirly said...

I love this...so powerful.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home