Tuesday, January 03, 2006

SPT {Personal History - 1}


I am a woman caught between
the tradition of the past,
buried deep within my bones,
and the longing for something new,
something brighter and more brilliant than
the sun spreading its pink and gold
across the massive Texas sky.
I am a woman walking the tight rope between two worlds
just waiting to slip into the one
that has enough room,
and enough love,
to hold all my longing.
I'm a woman in need of a little grace,
grace for the journey forward,
grace for the moments I stumble backwards,
grace for the closed off places in my heart
that need to be gently cracked open
one small bit at a time so that
my eyes can slowly adjust to the light
and not turn away from the brilliance of hope.
I am a woman open to learning that these "caught between" places
are the very best and blessed places to be
because they are what I have NOW
and what I have NOW is all I have.

****************************
I've been out of the blogging circle lately because of the holidays and I really miss reading up on all of you. Ya'll keep me going and keep me inspired. This week is going to be a rough one for me. It's one of our busiest weeks of the entire year (I work in the Bursar's office at our local University and it's time for the Spring semester to start, and payments to be made, and financial aid checks to be mailed, etc.) so I may not be able to check in with you much this week. I'll keep posting and hopefully when the week is over and things have quieted down I'll be able to make my rounds and catch up on everyone. Until then happy blogging and I'll miss ya'll.

22 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

I like your thoughts,, feel free and share some at my blog..
http://women-really-do-run-the-world.blogspot.com/

8:00 PM  
Blogger Swirly said...

As always, your entry has blown me away. I cannot help but have all kinds of wild, beautiful imaginings as I read your words. Have a wonderful week!

8:08 PM  
Anonymous melanie said...

As usual, you have this amazing ability to make words dance and mingle together so well while so eloquently expressing such thought-provoking statements!

8:11 PM  
Blogger madness rivera said...

We miss you too.

8:51 PM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

This is beautiful. The image of grace for the closed off places of the heart - that really spoke to me as I read your words. Thank you for sharing this.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

It's just not fair when Real Life interferes with Blog Life, is it? :-)

Lovely entry, Michelle!!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Misty Mawn said...

Always such a treat to read!!!
..BTW.. I have been loving your pictures so much! They are so captivating!

9:45 PM  
Anonymous courtney said...

Lovely photograph...and you have such a way with words! Good luck this week :)

9:58 PM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

Good luck this week. I love your take on SPT.

2:47 AM  
Anonymous Linda said...

For 2006 I am adding you to my 'must check in' list... You are good for the soul. I always feel like I've 'grown' everytime I've randomly read a post of yours and I like that. Thank U! :-)

3:49 AM  
Blogger Living Part Deux said...

Eloquent.

I'll miss you too. Good luck. Must be crazy in your office!

5:41 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

sweet and kind as always....oh to be able to put stories and words together like you.

what is amazing is that you work in a bursar's office and you your words are always so deep and sweet.
if i worked in that office i would be grouchy and mean...i think! you are an angel girlie! my thoughts are with you, i know this isn't an easy week to be on any campus. chin up!

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Beansprout said...

I love the idea of having "grace" for those places in your heart that still need growing or a gentle massage. Beautiful post. Take care of yourself this week.

6:35 AM  
Blogger melba said...

Sometimes I just stare at the computer after reading one of your posts because it all resonates with me and I just keep saying the same comments over and over again. But I know the comments are comfort and validation and I want you to feel safe because you are very loved and have created a beautiful sacred circle for yourself here.

7:56 AM  
Blogger ArtsyMama said...

Love the picture, love your words. You always amaze me. Hope your week isn't too crazy. We'll miss you and look forward to seeing you again soon.

8:00 AM  
Blogger snowsparkle said...

so beautifully said...your words are like a fine shawl of peace laid on my shoulders. thank you for letting all of us know what's going on for you... hope you experience some calm amid the storm at work.

8:44 AM  
Blogger The Whole Self said...

love the pic-

good luck getting through the next week!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Moon said...

Your words are soft and comfortable...they dance and move and shimmer softly in the late afternoon light...

You are a brilliant writer, and I envy you.....but not in an unhealthy way..LOL...
Nemaste,
Moon

3:18 PM  
Blogger Frankie said...

Beautiful Michelle. I especially love the last now. It's so important to live in the present, to appreciate the NOW. I hope everything goes smoothly at work! I'm so happy you'll still be posting.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

Beautiful thoughts. Hope the rest of your week isn't too stressful.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Michelle Fry said...

I appreciate what you said about needing grace.

7:12 PM  
Anonymous samantha said...

I love this - love the idea of something bigger and brighter than the most beautiful sunset in the Texas sky - and I know you'll find it, that you're on your way, and that you have grace, grace like a gentle rain, for your journey.

Hope this crazy week goes good for you, and the Lord knows you need really nice people in college offices of any kind - I still remember the grumpy ones!

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home