Thursday, January 19, 2006

Permission - Part II


I give myself permission...
permission to feel the great wealth of emotions I carry within
permission to seek, to journey onward, to travel my own path
permission to fail, over and over again
permission to feel full and happy
permission to open my heart to love and generosity
permission to live from the depths of my power
permission to let go of whatever holds me back
permission to dream, wildly and with great vision
permission to achieve these dreams
permission to be beautiful and sexy, according to my own standards
permission to tell my truth
permission to be seen and heard, to have a voice and an opinion
permission to think for myself
permission to let love swallow me up
permission to choose and choose again
permission to know wholeness
permission to travel alone if that's what I need to do to keep digging deeper within
permission to listen to myself...my heart, my body, my emotions
permission to be strong and healthy
permission to laugh until I cry or pee my pants
permission to discover my own spirituality
permission to indulge in this one wild life I've been gifted with
permission to reach out to the world around me
permission to breathe
permission to take up space--a lot of it
permission to hold my head up high and be a little too big for my britches
permission to write my own story and live on my own terms
permission to allow my choices to be just that--choices--not mistakes, not regrets, just choices, without the weight of labels or judgment
I give myself permission to give myself permission.

Mother May I?
Yes I may!

16 Comments:

Blogger acumamakiki said...

It's hard to grant yourself permission but being able to is liberating!!

4:34 PM  
Anonymous beansprout said...

HALLELUJAH!!! YES YOU MAY! I absolutely love this!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Patry Francis said...

My favorite one was "permission to let love swallow me up." But the one that spoke most loudly to me was "permission to take up space--a lot of it." Must be what I needed to hear today!

6:12 PM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

i felt my heart expand a bit as i read these words...i thought "if she can do it, so can i." thank you. thank you. thank you.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

GreatGREAT list. Something to remind yourself of every day!

9:18 PM  
Blogger tara dawn said...

Thanks for giving me that final push...to give myself permission to live my life, to be my self, and to embrace it without fear or guilt. It is a long journey to reach that place where the need for permission does not permeate every decision and every choice, but it is a destination that I am determined to reach.
Good for you for granting yourself the permission to live life on your terms! Your words speak of strength, courage, and determination. With those qualities, I believe the question will inevitably fade away...and the answer remaining will come from you..."I may".
By the way, I found your blog from your comment on another. You have certainly captured my interest and sparked my passion with your words. I look forward to reading more of your journey.

10:51 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

the list overwhelms me a bit....
to give ourselves permission to live as we are meant to live is such a huge prospect. i guess that is why i am constantly running in circles...i have not given myself permission as i need to.

thanks girlie

6:08 AM  
Blogger Gabreael said...

A great list for life.

Gabreael

http://gabreaelsbodymindandspirit.blogspot.com/

7:00 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I love this!! It makes me want to throw back my head...spread out my arms...and dance! And I love that last line...I'm going to carry that line in my pocket for the moments when I loose that freedom!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Frankie said...

What a wonderful affirmation of your capibilities. I give myself permission to cherish your words, to let them consume me, inspire me, take me to a new level of understanding. I give myself permission to live by what you've said here. FANTASTIC spirit lifter!!

8:37 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Ahhh, I think that voice creeps into all of our inner dialogues. SAY YES QUICKLY!

9:12 AM  
Blogger baylor said...

This is a fabulous post! If you don't mind, I might have to use idea one day(although my list could never be as brilliant as yours!)

Very inspirational!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Great!!. I find I let others lead my life rather than myself alot. This is sort of like a mission statement or something. Post it up and frame it!!

2:17 PM  
Blogger snowsparkle said...

while reading this, i could feel my tension being melted away by the expansiveness of your words. thank you for this! snowsparkle

3:16 PM  
Blogger Swirly said...

I think everyone should write such a list! BRAVO!

9:53 PM  
Blogger yaya said...

I am so doing this - thank you! (again...)

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home