Saturday, January 07, 2006

MamaSaysOm - Uberlist 2006


Dear B-Dog,

In 2006 you and I will...

  • play more
  • make more messes
  • splash in the bathtub
  • go to the park more often
  • feed the ducks
  • laugh more
  • have fun with scissors, glue and crayons
  • dress like pirates for supper
  • wear silly glasses to McDonalds
  • share more hugs
  • drink from curly straws
  • chase each other around the house
  • build forts
  • bake cookies
  • jump on the bed
  • take walks around the block to find treasure
  • and, scour the neighborhood for pirate boats
because, after all, you're only 3 once.

And in 2006 I promise to
  • listen better
  • pay more attention
  • try my best to be patient
  • let you paint my toenails
  • not let others influence my parenting choices and behavior
  • plan special mother-son dates
  • watch The Incredibles and Monsters, Inc. as many times as you want
  • do all that I can to help you unfold into the beautiful young man you are becoming
Happy 2006, precious...I mean Incredi-boy.
You make one super cool pirate!
Mommy

16 Comments:

Blogger kelly said...

so sweet...

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Beansprout said...

ARGGGHHHH Mateys! Sounds like you pirates are going to have a wonderful year. Enjoy!

6:07 PM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

That is totally wicked!! (hehe)

A great post from a great mama!!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

ahhhh that is so sweet and cute. I love that picture, he looks so piraty.

7:35 PM  
Blogger ArtsyMama said...

I love these lists!!! The picture totally cracked me up:) Great idea to do a list for your son. I may just have to do one for my kids too:) Here's to 2006!!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

OoohOooh, I want to dress like a pirate for supper too! Do you have to be a kid to do that? :-)

8:35 PM  
Blogger *aimee* said...

Great pictures...and great goals too. I remember doing silly and fun things with my mom. As weird as you may feel doing the things you listed, they will bless your little boy and influence his character and the way he views and interacts with the world. Here's to a great 2006! Have fun.

8:42 PM  
Blogger twistedsoda said...

a super cool pirate with some super spectacular shades!!!

2:09 AM  
Blogger christina said...

I love this list!

9:55 AM  
Blogger ESB said...

fab pic!!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Frankie said...

This is so, so, so adorable! I LOVE the picture! It's funny that I'm twenty years old and enjoy doing most of the things on your six year old's list. My friends and I are obsessed with pirates and I've always worn oversized sunglasses. This made me so happy!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Server Girl said...

that picture is so adorable!!!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Swirly said...

Beautiful post (I feel like I say that here a lot...you'd think I could be more original each time!) And I love the picture!!

3:49 PM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

what a picture. i hope you have a year of lots of fun with your son...and I want to come over to watch monsters inc and the incredibles as often as we want. love it.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous irene said...

hehe, what a great list!

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Kitty Kitty Peacock said...

I adore this photo. It couldn't be more precious.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home