Saturday, January 21, 2006

MamaSaysOm - More Reflections


Dear Britt,

There are moments,
almost so quick and insignificant that I miss them,
when I see myself reflected in you--
in your attributes,
in your expressions,
in your mannerisms.
I'm there
written all over your face,
buried within your being,
and for a split second
it's as if I'm staring into a mirror.
And, just as suddenly as I recognize it,
it's gone,
melted into your eyes, your skin, your tender face.
You go back to being you,
your own person,
wild and independent,
but for a moment I caught a glimpse
of myself...
and it was amazing and humbling,
and I wonder if everything I do for you,
all the acts of love,
all the gifts of life and permission,
are in some small way
healing myself.

Maybe...
Mom

11 Comments:

Blogger ArtsyMama said...

This is great. I feel the same way when I look at my kids! Aren't they amazing!! LOVE the photo:)

7:36 PM  
Anonymous beansprout said...

This is really wonderful. I'm sure Britt is healing agent for you. He's already changed how you look at yourself and the world, hasn't he?

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Kitty Kitty Peacock said...

Wow. What a blessing of motherhood. I look forward to those blessings one day. Thank you for your blog and for sharing those special moments of motherhood.

4:31 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

what a beautiful way of seeing that...
and whatta cutie
:)

5:23 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

Love it!

8:43 AM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

I'm always looking for ways to find myself in my girl, especially since she looks so much like her daddy! There are glimpses and like you, I cherish those fleeting instances. I love how our girl embodies us and so far beyond.

10:20 AM  
Blogger yaya said...

Beautiful - my mother passed away last year and today is my brothers first birthday without her (he's had 27 with her)- I hope you don't mind me sending this to him as I feel it has a bit of my Mum in it.

3:57 PM  
Blogger justine said...

you really made me cry with this one!! Just beautiful

5:57 PM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

the beauty of this...healing yourself. oh you remind me again that maybe, just maybe, i am brave enough to one day have a child.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Frankie said...

What beauty must lie in that son of yours, the beauty that you've passed onto him. This is so amazing. I often do that with my mom, see myself in her for a split second, and I know she must do the same with me. Britton's a lucky, lucky boy.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

wow.
i have tears streaming down my cheeks as i just finished reading this post.
so beautiful.
what a thoughtful connection.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home