Monday, January 09, 2006

If I Were an American Express Ad


I saw this on both Kristen's and Michelle's blogs and thought it was too fun to pass up. So here's my American Express ad...

My name Michelle
childhood ambition to become a wife and mother (I know, I know, but really that's what I wanted as a kid.)
fondest memory
summer vacations with my grandparents
soundtrack currently it's anything with a country/bluegrass feel like Emmylou Harris, Natalie Merchant's The House Carpenter's Daughter, Lori McKenna, Lucinda Williams, Cowboy Junkies, etc
retreat sitting at an outdoor cafe on a perfectly warm day, sipping tea, reading poetry, and writing
wildest dream to earn a PhD and live in Paris for awhile
proudest moment the day my son, Britton, was born
biggest challenge motherhood...it ain't what I thought it would be...welcome to the real world, right?
alarm clock my cell phone
perfect day a day when Britton and I get along smoothly
first job babysitting
indulgence books and cds
last purchase 3 really excellent skirts on sale at 75% off!
favorite movie Chocolat
inspiration see this post...oh yeah, and I left off Eve Ensler
My life family, work, and blogging
My card1 maxed out Visa and 1 maxed out Discover

21 Comments:

Blogger liz elayne said...

Love this! Wish I could hear some music from your soundtrack tonight. And what a fun picture - you look a bit mischievous....

9:47 PM  
Blogger SueeeuS said...

Look how pretty you are! Many of your answers are very similar to mine, but I did childhood memory, not ambition, however, my childhood ambition was the same as yours.

10:11 PM  
Anonymous LB said...

I love this idea! I learned so much about you!

10:22 PM  
Blogger madness rivera said...

Cool Michelle. And what a pretty picture.

10:26 PM  
Blogger telfair said...

Love the picture and also really enjoyed your answers...I love reading these kinds of things, it makes me feel like an archaeologist uncovering little pieces of someone's character and personality. Bit by bit.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

My childhood ambition was to become a wife and mother too. And also it's not exactly what I thought it would be. I love that photo of you.

11:15 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

teehee...
what a cute idea...
and a cute you, too
:)

2:56 AM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

I love the picture you added with this. It's a great one and this list makes me smile.

3:52 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

i love getting to wake up each morn and reading your thoughts.
they make me smile, cry, giggle
and think...thanks girlie

5:13 AM  
Blogger Trish said...

Very Cool Picture! I love your idea of a retreat :O) What a great idea this is!

5:35 AM  
Blogger blackbird said...

hey,
can I just be a brat and point out that I started this?

but I do like the way you did it...

5:46 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Very fun idea for a post. Love the pic too!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Frankie said...

I love reading these! They're so sweet. Also, what a fantastic picture! You're so pretty!

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Dina said...

My childhood ambition was to be a wife & mother, too. What was I thinking??? Ha, just kidding.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Nicole said...

So does Chocolat relate at all to that inner gypsy just waiting for the right time to unleash itself?

Just kidding! Great list, beautiful pic. I love your freckles.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Knit Chick said...

You are such a beautiful person, I enjoy reading your blog.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous irene said...

that is a GREAT amex ad!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Joy Eliz said...

I LOVE it!!!!! And a very good picture of you!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Brandi said...

This is a really cool thing here. Seen your comment from Misty's blog. Anyway, Great sharing. Your writing is wonderful, I am so not a verbal person so I really admire those who can express themselves in that way! Brandi

4:30 PM  
Blogger ♥ joleen ♥ said...

hehe love this! the last one was pretty funny since you don't have an AMEX! :) I think i may do this one this week. :)

7:51 PM  
Blogger Swirly said...

Great!

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home