Friday, January 27, 2006

grateful friday...life is good


i'm grateful...

~i've felt really connected to myself this week, content, peaceful, at home within my self

~finishing the poisonwood bible. excellent. one of my favorite books ever. if you haven't read this give it a try. it's amazing. storytelling at it's best. and this southern baptist girl could really relate.

~i received a fabulous mixed cd from firstborn studio (bits & pieces pictured above). it is packed with raise-your-hands-in-the-air, get-up-and-dance girl songs featuring a lot of musicians that are new to me and i love discovering new musicians. this cd is more than a burned disk, it is a piece of art! the incredible firstborn also included some other goodies for me (also pictured above). the last pic in the collage is of the dancing that commenced when i listened to my disk for the 1st time. rock on!

~my taxes are in the mail!!! yeah baby!

~hula 70's photobooth friday...it's enough to make my heart explode with happiness

~i've added some bloggers to my sidebar. check out...
the beautiful poetry of dweezila
the incredible writings of wenda
the amazing reflections of tongue in cheek
and the awe inspiring art of sarah at rustic relics
you've got to check out these pendants (did you see the Frida?!) and take a look at this bracelet and what about these cute push pins. "live your poem"...now i think this needs to be my new motto.

~and one of the highlights of my week--sitting at the table eating dinner tuesday night suddenly britton started counting to 10 in spanish. i had no idea he knew how to do that. so i tried to join him but apparently i can not pronounce 10 correctly. i was pronouncing it as a quick one syllable "des". i was corrected, "no mama, it's diez", his little mouth pronouncing the 2 distinct syllables as clearly as possible. i kept trying. he kept correcting, "no mama, dee-ace, dee-ace." we were finally both laughing so hard that we just gave up.

i'm off to b&n to pick up a copy of night and then later i'm taking myself to a late night showing of syriana. have a good weekend peeps!

15 Comments:

Blogger Sarah e.Smith said...

Thank you so much for mentioning me and my work! I am so glad that you like it! :) What tracks or artists are featured on the CD you received? I love learning about new musicians too so I am very curious! :) Thank you again! :)

5:48 PM  
Blogger Alexandra S said...

Thank you again for your post today. Your site is a regular retreat stop for me now. I read Night a couple of times in college and it is one of the most powerful memoirs I have ever read. Unlike James Frey's book, this one is a completely true story, and I'm so glad Oprah has chosen this book now, while Elie Wiesel is still alive. I read that Oprah is actually going with him to Auchwitz in Poland where the events all took place. One of the hardest books I have ever read because its so sad, but if you believe what Elie Wiesel says is true, that "the opposite of love isn't hate but indifference," then this book will affect you deeply. I'll be curious reading your thoughts on it.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous beansprout said...

Love the Spanish lesson that you got from Britton! Glad your week was full of peace, content and feeling at home. Thanks for your kind words of encouragement on my recent post. They mean a lot to me. With deep appreciation of who you are and what you create here.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Frankie said...

Such wonderful things to be grateful for this week! Thanks for the much need pick me up...you always know just how to put a smile on my face. Have a GREAT weekend!!

8:18 PM  
Blogger bella said...

Ah - Does Britton watch Dora? That's how Angie learned to count in Spanish. I loved your list. You sound happy, it's pouring through your words.
:)

8:53 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

yippee on the list! i am going to check out the new links. i really love rustic relics. her pendants rock, although i don't have one yet!

happy weekend!

9:00 PM  
Blogger firstborn studio said...

michelle!
i am so happy you received the cd and happier yet that you liked it!
i adore obscure music...i seek it out...run of the mill rarely does it for me,so it is with great joy that i sit here pecking away gleefully to you,thrilled to find out you are dancin' to my music!
xoxoxo,
denise
p.s.what a thrill for me to see my "stuff" up on your amazing blog...a daily read for me!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Everyday I come here to read your thoughts that you've put down with a full honest heart. Can you imagine today what a surprise it was to see that you, "linked me to your like list!" With that gesture you certainly put an extra flower in my bonnet, and made me blush in front of the screen! Thank you for such generosity! May you have many more delicious weeks of happiness!

11:50 PM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

What a great grateful list! I love the photo montage, now I just need to figure out how to do it myself!! Curious to know what you think of Syriana.

4:05 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

holy-jealously-enviously-green
over here!
heehee
that is so beautiful
(the package you received)
and i want to read night too,
perhaps that will be my monthly book
purchase...

k...going back now
to check out the rest of your links...
and if it helps,
i still can't count to ten in spanish
and i watch dora at LEAST four times
a day...
teehee
:)

4:58 AM  
Blogger baylor said...

I always love your list. I must start doing this!

I have read that book and I thought it was fantastic!

I was tickled by your story of the counting to ten in Spanish! Children are so wonderful and these are the things that refresh my soul! They always have a way of "showing" us! xoxo

8:33 AM  
Blogger melba said...

What an upbeat post! I love the photo collage; you have a great eye. Sounds like a wonderful plan for the evening; have fun!

3:31 PM  
Blogger carmen said...

you hsve a great site. I have been reading it the past few days and really really enjoy, everything you have wrote. Keep up the great work.

Carmen

2:08 PM  
Blogger Wenda said...

Thanks so much for reading my writing and mentioning it here. I hope you know the admiration is mutual.

2:47 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

tickled pink to be on your 'grateful friday' list... seriously, such an honor! we're going to have to find you a photobooth so you can play along!

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home