Friday, January 13, 2006

Grateful Friday - One Last Hurrah!


The old year hasn't quite released it's grip on me. I'm still writing 2005 on everything that requires a date, I'm still referring to things that happened last year as this year, and yes, the Christmas decorations are still up. And of course I'm still reflecting on what glorious moments and memories I will carry with me from last year. So this week's installment of Grateful Friday is dedicated to all that was fabulous in 2005. Plus, it gives me a chance to use this pic which is one of my favorites of the holidays season but I never got around to using. I look like I'm living in a bubble, surrounded by light. And after this week that doesn't sound so bad. Here is one last cheer for 2005...

Greatest Discoveries:
Favorite Moments:
  • traveling to Austin for the first time
  • an afternoon of photo taking at Spiderhouse coffee shop
  • the Spa party I put together for friends and family for Valentine's Day
  • creating at Clay Cafe--Lubbock's paint-your-own-pottery hot spot
  • Oscar Party 2005
  • Melissa Ethridge's performance of Piece of My Heart at the Grammy's--chills I tell you! chills!
  • U2's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
  • our first family vacation--a small trip to Dallas, TX
  • my sister Lela earning her white Mercedes through her Arbonne business
Precious Memories:
  • the birth of my niece Kennedy and my nephew Canyon
  • Britton's 2nd birthday party, Peter Pan theme...all the guest came dressed as their favorite character--there were plenty of pirates, a few lost boys, a couple of fairies, Peter was there, and his shadow was too, Nana joined us as well as John and Michael
  • celebrating my grandmother's 90th birthday
  • in May Britton started calling me "mom" for the first time
  • participating in Shimelle's 1st art journal challenge
  • my niece Kalysta starting kindergarten
Proudest Accomplishments:
  • the creation of this blog which has given me a place to share my journey, my thoughts, and my poetry and has lead me to a supportive and creative network of fellow bloggers
  • moving in with Trey
  • potty training Britton--and friends, it wasn't easy
And the winner is:
  • most listened to cd = the Garden State soundtrack
  • favorite book = The Secret Life of Bees
  • favorite movie = okay, I can't pick just one...Cinderella Man, Million Dollar Baby, Sideways, The Family Stone, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

16 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

Great list and gorgeous photo!!

7:23 PM  
Blogger ArtsyMama said...

Cheers to 2005 and may 2006 be even better!!!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Frankie said...

Fantastic review of 2005! I love to see what measures a life in a year. Great list and wonderful photo! This made me so happy!

7:41 PM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

A great-full list!!

7:50 PM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

Love these lists...and the links. Thank you for sharing your gratefulness of 2005.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Misty Mawn said...

I could live on Dr. Krackers. Aren't they the best!!! I want the recipe!!!!

...Great List! :)

10:46 PM  
Blogger twistedsoda said...

Secret Life of BEES!!! yes yes yes! Mine too! I love your list, makes me think of doing one too!

11:08 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

what a great way to recap
the year! and i can't say
how much i love that picture...
the clearness of the glass
and sharpness of the reflection..
cool
:)

4:26 AM  
Blogger Living Part Deux said...

Whoa. That is a fabulous list. And WHAT A YEAR!!! I hope this was is just as momentous and exceeds your wildest expectations. (I sound like I'm writing in your yearbook - but I really mean it!)

7:45 AM  
Anonymous beansprout said...

I find myself hanging onto 2005 a little myself. This is a great way to let it go and move forward. Your lists are incredible and the photo is very cool. Be well.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Michelle Fry said...

I always love the gratefulness posts. The Garden State CD is magnificent listening pleasure, especially the Zero Seven songs.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

Great list for what sounds like a great year. And eeek! Just realized we still have up our decorations, too. Might have to remedy that today. :)

11:26 AM  
Blogger melba said...

I love your list. I too got chills from Melissa Ethridge's performance of Piece of My Heart at the Grammy's. It is so interesting the moments that stay with us.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous samantha said...

What a year, woman! So many GOOD things - and yes, McAlister's! That's where I get my favorite sort of chicken tortilla soup when I'm sick, I swear it has magical powers. And Grey's Anatomy - I cannot express my love and devotion to that show.

I love Britton's birthday party theme - very original indeed.

And I'm glad I'm not alone in still having Christmas decorations UP. It's a sad state of affairs -off to remedy it RIGHT NOW!

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great recap! What a wonderful year you've had--- Andrea had a big impact on me launching the blog, too. I was first inspired by Heather Champ when she had Harrumph and created bluepoppy in 2001--- but then I chickened out and it was reading a post by Andrea in 2003 that got me to break out and do it.

~Elizabeth

6:16 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

happy new year to you! love the pic... fantastic.

and I really love how you've looked at your year and am totally going to copy it in my journal tonight! loved reading your lists...:) whatta year!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home