Friday, January 06, 2006

A Grateful Friday Birthday Bash


This installment of Grateful Friday is dedicated to my nephew Kyler who turns 11 today. 11? Really? Yes, I know, I don't believe it either. But it's true. It seems so unreal because I remember the day he was born. My sister (his mother) wouldn't talk to any of us while she was in labor...she was in too much pain. And right when we were getting to the pivotal moment on the days episode of Days of Our Lives they ushered us out of the room so they could usher Kyler into the world. I remember his first steps, his first tooth, his first day of school. I remember when Peter Pan was his favorite thing ever and we'd chase each other around the house with plastic swords. I remember when he used to be into Barney and Pokemon. Now he's into his Playstation and his IPOD, football (he's the quarterback for his YFL team--the Broncos), skateboarding, and dirt bikes...oh, and girls, although he'd never admit it. And I remember when it was cool to join me in an evening tea party. Now, that's not cool at all because it's too "girlie." And what was his favorite gift this year? Probably seeing his favorite college football team win the Rose Bowl (something else to celebrate this Friday.) Go UT! Hook 'em Horns! Happy birthday Kyler. I'm grateful for you, for the place you fill in our family. And even though I know it will embarrass you I'm going to say it anyway...I Love You!

14 Comments:

Blogger Newsandseduction said...

interesting blog!

7:45 PM  
Blogger telfair said...

Happy Birthday to Kyler...that was a GREAT Rose Bowl! We watched it at a restaurant full of Texas fans and they raised the roof.
Looking forward to being back in the "blog circle" and catching up on your holiday entries, Happy 2006 (belatedly) to you & yours!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Happy Birthday to Kyler!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Living Part Deux said...

Happy Birthday, Kyler. He looks like a cool kid. Isn't being an aunt a great thing? Watching them turn into young adults is the best.

9:20 PM  
Blogger kiki said...

what a sweet post. happy birthday, kyler.

10:55 PM  
Blogger madness rivera said...

Great looking kid,la vie.

I actually thought of you during the rose bowl because you are the only person I "know" in Texas. And though I'm from CA, I HATE SC. I'm a UCLA girl and we hate USC. I was yelling so hard for Texas and Vince Young. They were amazing.

11:07 PM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

Happy Birthday to Kyle and it's a lovely tribute!!

4:17 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

whatta cutie
and such a sweet way to say
happy birthday...
hope you have a great day, kyler!

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

Happy Birthday to your nephew! I look at my 15-year-old niece and my 14-year-old nephew (who are respectively almost 6-feet tall and 6'2") and think: how did this happen?! Sometimes I just want to yell: stop growing already! (And I don't just mean in height!) :)

7:05 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Sweet, Nephews are the best!! happy birthday kyler!!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Michelle Fry said...

Happy birthday Kiler. He's a handsome boy.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Frankie said...

Happy birthday Kyler! This is such a sweet post. I feel the same way about my neices and nephews and all of the kids I babysit for. It's so strange how quickly they grow up. Lovely to watch and at the same time, scary as a constant reminder of how much older I am too. He is so adorable and I hope he had a lovely birthday!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Swirly said...

What a great tribute...it gives me a peek into how my godsons will evolve as the years progress.

3:50 PM  
Blogger H.J.Potter said...

hey its nice i like it too!!!
its the best way of expressing ones feelings for someone.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home