Saturday, January 14, 2006

goodies, goodies, and more goodies


Yesterday when I arrived home from work (after what has felt like two straight weeks of living hell), I was surprised to find goodies galore awaiting me. It was like Christmas all over again! I was thrilled and amazed to find...

  • The Weepies cd Happiness, which I ordered with Christmas money
  • a package of books from B&N that I purchased with a gift certificate. The package included...2 books of poetry by the incredible David Whyte, Sabrina Ward Harrison's new book, and Radical Acceptance (purchased at Snowsparkle's recommendation.)
  • and finally...drum roll please...a fabulous print from Mati Rose!!!...also in Mati's envelope was other cool extras like a bookmark, some postcards, and a couple of her business cards--all wonderful, colorful treats. It was like 2 gifts in one! Even the creatively decorated mailing envelope was a treat in and of itself. And to top it all off she sent a very sweet card which warmed my heart and made my eyes fill with tears.
Talk about a super-good mail day!This one was the best. Needless to day I've spent my day listening to The Weepies, flipping through my new books, and deciding what type of frame I want to purchase for my beautiful Mati creation.

oh....and I got the Christmas decorations down...yeah me!

....and I also rented Mad Hot Ballroom which is excellent! It is one of the most joyous movies I've seen in a very long time. I highly recommend it.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Beansprout said...

Sounds like you had a most wonderful day! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

OOooh, lovely! Good Mail days are superfantastic.

8:45 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Yay! I love good mail days. David Whyte is the best, isn't he? One of my favorites.

9:07 PM  
Blogger bella said...

I also love good mail days! I love going through packages, letters or cards. I'm glad to see you're feeling better.

10:45 PM  
Blogger ESB said...

yay! david whyte! be sure to let me know what you think.....

that was an AWESOME mail day...

7:11 AM  
Blogger Living Part Deux said...

What a great day to end a roller coaster week. I'm glad you have some good soul food to build you up.

10:31 AM  
Blogger --erica said...

Hurrah! big mail days are the best!!!

12:23 PM  
Anonymous lela said...

oh my! all that wonderful mail in ONE day!!!!!
swooooooon.....

2:41 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

holy...
i'm so happy for you
and envious
teehee
:)

4:36 PM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

this is fantastic michelle - so much fun. hope your weekend was a good one...

7:13 PM  
Blogger Frankie said...

YAY! I love coming home to find new things awaiting me. What a wonderful day!

8:46 PM  
Blogger mati rose said...

aww i'm so happy you liked. i love that weepies cd:)

10:06 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

this past summer, I saw 'RIZE' one night and then 'mad hot ballroom' the next. completely different but two of the best films about dance, ever. I am giddy just thinking about them! so glad you enjoyed 'mad hot ballroom'! one of the best of the year, I think.

(also, I am such a huge fan of sabrina ward harrison's work... got her latest for my birthday. enjoying.:))

3:46 PM  
Blogger Swirly said...

That is all good stuff!!

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home