Thursday, December 08, 2005

Wish List


I just can't seem to get into the holiday spirit, which is unusual for me. I usually love Christmas, especially since having a child of my own. Children give Christmas a new freshness and excitement. I've been seeing wish lists and gift ideas on other blogs so I thought maybe creating my own wish list might dissipate some of my scrooge-ness. So here is some of the things I have my eye on this holiday season...

I Love to Read:

Books are always a sure pleaser. Here are some I've been wanting to read...
  • the new masterpiece (I'm sure) by the gorgeous and talent Sabrina Ward Harrison
  • the new collected works of Jane Kenyon
  • Naomi Shihab Nye's new book of poetry
  • anything by David Whyte...like this or this
  • as far as fiction goes, I've been longing to read this and this and I still haven't read this, which Trey absolutely loved and said totally rocked his world
  • but probably the book I'm most wanting is the 2nd volume of Mary Oliver's selected poems...I make weekly trips into B&N just to touch it and wish...
Music Heals the Heart:

I'm always anxious to expand my cd collection and here are some I'd love to have

  • either one of these goodies by the divine Natalie Merchant...see here and here
  • I still don't have the new Dave Matthews cd
  • this suggestion by CK Girl
  • something by the inspirational Rosie Thomas
  • the new Emmylou Harris collection
  • this Austin City Limits discovery
Girlie Stuff:

A little something for the girl in me...

  • my favorite body lotion from Origins
  • a bottle of the delicious Lemon Verbena perfume from Bath and Body Works
I Could Watch this Over and Over Again:

  • one of my favorite flicks this year
  • this all time fav
  • and please, please, please, someone get me this
Homemade from the Heart:

  • I'd love to sport one of Andrea's superhero t's and even though I already have one of her fabulous necklaces I still have my eye on this one and this one
  • a little Mati would make my heart holly and jolly
  • and Jenny has the best creations
  • I adore Sally Jean's charms (so whimsical) and want this B or this M or theParis ...or even this believe
  • I really want a piece of work from this excellent artist but I keep getting outbid...bah-humbug
A Girl Can Dream Right?:

I know, I know, never in a million years but still...

And...If All Else Fails:

  • please give me movie money because it's Oscar season and you know that is my favorite time of the year...I'm dying to see this and this and this and there will be so many, many more as February approaches
...Sigh....yes, that feels better...and guess what? I actually pulled the tree out earlier this week.

PS--I wore all black today in memory and mourning for John Lennon on this, the 25th anniversary of his death...peace

20 Comments:

Blogger ESB said...

DANG. First, we have SO MUCH of the same taste. I want the Natalie and Emmylou, too!

RE: jewels, you must check out this eBay seller: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZrneveQQssPageNameZSTRKQ3aMEFSQ3aMESOI

(A bunch of your links at the end didn't come through....)

6:49 PM  
Blogger Misty Mawn said...

You are so sweet...I think today was the first day I felt like thinking about Christmas..I has been harder for me this year too....But ... in the spirit I want to make a collage for you..email me your address and what you like and I will make one just for you!!! ;-)

7:36 PM  
Blogger Misty Mawn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:36 PM  
Anonymous melanie said...

(aww, isn't Misty the sweetest?!)

I haven't really been in the holiday spirit lately either... hopefully it kicks in soon! love your wishlist... i could probably compile a grand wishlist myself...

9:21 PM  
Anonymous lela said...

may i have your addy please?

email me at: collagemama at sbcglobal dot net

10:37 PM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

Such fun links and great ideas! I would love, love, love to go on a writing workshop like the one you mention here. I was only familiar with Natalie Goldberg's workshops at the Mabel Dodge House. This one looks fantastic.

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Beth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:59 PM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

I bought myself a present of a Sally Jean fairy charm yesterday....the red one, silly girl fairy.

I love all of your choices. This is really fun, to read what everyone wishes for this holiday!!

4:10 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

teeheehee
when i saw your title this morning,
i closed it right away
cause i knew i would want to sit down
and take my time reading it...
i so love lists...
:)
and now you have inspired me to make
one of my very own hehehe
its so much fun to see what we all have in common and then to get ideas from the stuff we haven't yet tried...
oh...
AND READ THE POISONWOOD BIBLE YOU WILL LOVE IT...
:)

5:33 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

ask and you shall receive....rock on! you are getting a misty eyed collage - sweet! i was stuck in snow-jammed traffic last nite and i was blessed in getting to listen to all of the john lennon music. it was beautiful.

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

What a great list! I've only got through half the links, but I had to comment and say you absolutely must read The Poisonwood Bible. It is amazing. Secret Life of Bees is good too, but Poisonwood...I loved it so much I made my AP English class read it. Phenomenal. Can you tell I liked the book? :)

7:27 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Great list, I'm reading the secret life of bee's right now, it's really good. Hope you get everything on your list.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Toni said...

Wondrous list.
I've been lurking for a while and love your posts.
We have much in common.
Me thinks I too shall make a list of wishes for myself.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Swirly said...

OHMYGOSH - a fellow Arrested Development fanatic!! I now feel safe enough to admit I've already watched the first season at least four times, and I'm about to go through my second viewing of season two. I don't have cable TV so I've only watched the show on DVD.

If you don't find this present under your tree, email me your address and I will be happy to send it to you as a Happy New Year bonus gift!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Frankie said...

GREAT list Michelle! There's so much here that I'm dying for too (especially Arrested Development season 2. I think it's the funniest show on TV). I hope you get all that you're asking for! You certainly deserve it.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Living Part Deux said...

Cool, cool stuff. Hope Santa brings a really big bag to your house! And, I have some new ideas, both for me and "you know who."

12:19 PM  
Blogger Patry Francis said...

You and I have a lot in common: Mary Oliver and Ginger Souffle, and I love the Sally Jean charms. Thanks for introducing me to them!

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

When I lived in Portland, I did some long-term, sort of untraditional temp work in the Organizational Development dept. of a large corporation. They used to do some work with David Whyte...and had him speak to large groups of employees. I'd never heard of him at the time...but in subsequent years it's amazed me how many times I've heard people mention liking his work. (Gee, I probably shouldn't have given away my signed copy of that book...) :)

9:24 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I love this list...you've got some goodies on here! A friend of mine say Ray LaMontagne here a few months ago and she said he's awesome! And Origins and Bath and Body Works are two of my favorite places to go! And the necklaces and such are beautiful!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

What a great list. You should also add The Kite Runner to your book list. It's one of the best books I've read in a few years. I agree with you about Arrested Development. Hilarious!

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home