Friday, December 02, 2005

A Week of Gratitude


Saturday: going with my grandmother and aunt to a large caftshow in Post TX, sharing a bag of kettle corn with Britton, crisp waffle fries, visiting Plum Crazy (my new favorite gift shop in Post)

Sunday: staying indoors out of the wild West Texas wind, playing indoor catch with Britton (with a rubber fish instead of a ball)

Monday: a smooth morning which got our week off to a good start, waking up in time to do a little yoga, meditation, and dancing

Tuesday: Trey's homemade pasta sauce, reading to Britton before bedtime, an evening of no arguing or fussing (always a good thing)

Wednesday: the anticipation, preparation, and enjoyment of LOST (so was that Walt on the computer? and is Jin hot or what?), finding this amazing link on Glamorous Jo's blog

Thursday: a safe trip to Borger TX, Britton's excellent behavior at the funeral we attended, ending the day with family cuddle time

Friday: Heather's post about her mom left me feeling inspired (there's still so much I want to do with my life and this helps me believe that aging isn't an issue), taking Britton to see Christmas lights, Freshetta frozen pizza, watching the Dateline special about the new King Kong remake

And just some extras: discovering this blogger, loving this quote (whish is so needed right now) and this pic (wow!), and finally feeling a little more weightless

Oh, and wishing this favorite blogger a very happy belated 30th birthday

12 Comments:

Blogger kiki said...

fabulous gratefulness

7:17 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

very fab indeed...by the way - it is my nose.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Your list is so sweet. I love reading what people are grateful for, It makes me stop and think about what I"m grateful for. I'm glad my mom could inspire you. She's full of spunk!

8:25 PM  
Blogger dani said...

sounds like a great week and alot to be grateful for.

love the autumn leaf in the bike!!!!

and yes i understand you not wanting to be in the snow - i'm just making the most of what's going on here and being grateful for the snow when it falls.

have a great weekend!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

I love that you share your grateful thoughts and I love that pic!

6:53 AM  
Blogger lisa s said...

good week! great photo! i love the leaf in the spokes....

12:00 PM  
Anonymous LB said...

What a fun weekly wrap-up! Enjoy your weekend!

1:31 PM  
Blogger mati rose said...

you so sweet!

12:11 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I love this list! I've been to Post...which is so random to me because it's such a little town and this blog world is so big! I forget you live in Lubbock (I lived there when I was little...in elementary school...which is when I went to Post!) I bet the craft show was great!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Michelle Fry said...

I love your gratitude posts. Thanks for sharing them.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous lela said...

excellent shot!

loved reading your "week of gratitude"

11:26 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

fantastic list (as always!)... and I am just really loving that lone little leaf in the spoke of that bicycle wheel. it speaks to me.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home