Tuesday, December 20, 2005

SPT {Reflection-3}


Empty.
That is where I am today.
I would like to say something,
write something,
something deep and profound,
something honest and healing,
something that breathes.
I'd love for something marvelous to melt from my pen.
But, I'm empty today.
I don't have anything to give.
Perhaps its all the emotions of the past few days that have drained me.
Maybe its because my energy is being spent on last minute holiday preparations.
I could just be tired.
It's as if I've never been inspired before,
as if poetry never existed,
as if my creativity is deaf--
unable to hear secret conversations, the wild laughter of children,
the incessant music of the birds in winter.
Something inside me is deaf and mute.
If I were full of words and magic
I'd describe the hawk I saw yesterday,
perched in the top of a barren tree.
It's terrific size captured my attention from down the road.
I pulled to the side and stopped the car.
I wanted to capture her beauty on film, as she had captured me.
I wanted to prove she existed, was more than a phantom of my imagination.
No, I wanted more.
I wanted to prove she existed and that I saw her.
But, when I stepped from the car, camera in hand,
my movement startled her.
Her great wings spread and she lifted her heavy body into the air.
Almost, is if in slow motion, she disappeared into the fog.
And I was left standing in the damp grass
staring at an abandoned tree,
empty
like me.

19 Comments:

Blogger twistedsoda said...

WOW, you absolutely blow my mind!!! You make something out of nothing and make it beautiful.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous lela said...

fantastic photo!

i still have to do mine for this week... sigh... things seem so out of control right now...

i wish i could express myself so beautifully when i feel empty. describing the hawk leaving an empty space is, well, perfect...

thank you
xoxoxo

8:43 PM  
Anonymous courtney said...

Even when you feel empty marvelous things melt from your pen....beautiful

9:01 PM  
Blogger ESB said...

here's to replenishing yourself with good happy things during the next few days.....

9:31 PM  
Blogger Swirly said...

Trying to capture those magical moments - wouldn't it be great if we could bottle them up and enjoy them over and over again? I imagine an old rickety shelf unit full of assorted bottles and jars, each with a special memory.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Even in what may feel like a dry spell you are poetic.
Beautiful photo!

11:45 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

unbelievable...
you have such flow...
and connection...

4:06 AM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

I hear you my friend.

4:10 AM  
Blogger Marc said...

You write writh your heart. Beautiful.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Toni said...

What kind of camera do you use? Your photos are so awesome.
And by the way, you voiced feelings that I often have.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

For someone who didn't have anything to give, you gave quite beautifully of both words and image.

6:25 AM  
Blogger bella said...

((hugs))

That was amazing. Really, truly.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Trish said...

You may have felt empty inside, but you spoke VOLUMES!!!

Incredible!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Living Part Deux said...

Your feelings are lieing to you. You're not empty; you're just tired. And you need lots of hugs, which I think have just been sent your way. Here, let me give you one, too.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

Lovely, dreamy photo. I know that empty feeling of which you speak...but lately...I've been trying to reframe it (only because we seem to have given empty a rather negative connotation). Maybe it's not so much emptiness I'm feeling...as absence...just a fleeting, momentary absence of that which we hold dear...that reservoir we can tap into and pull sweet words and thoughts out of. And when the reservoir begins to dry up, we simply have to have the patience to wait...soon we'll be brimming again...it's just that in our low moments we seem to forget that. Hoping you get some recharging time and nourishment in the next few days. Big hugs.

10:21 AM  
Blogger The Whole Self said...

love your picture! and thanks for all your nice comments...it's nice to be back online.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reflection In Time
By Uncle Jon







When you're sliding into first
And your pants begin to burst
That's diarrhea, diarrhea

When you're sliding into two
And your pants are filled with goo
That's diarrhea, diarrhea

When you're sliding into third
And you feel a greasy turd
That's diarrhea, diarrhea

When you're sliding into home
And your pants are filled with foam
That's diarrhea, diarrhea

You're getting in a state
cos' you've left it very late
diarrhea diarrhea
It comes out of your bum
like a bullet from a gun
diarrhea diarrhea
runs down your leg
like a squishy scrambled egg
diarrhea diarrhea
It's not very funny
but it's very hot and runny
diarrhea diarrhea

2:24 PM  
Blogger --erica said...

thank you.........

4:09 PM  
Blogger Michelle Fry said...

Great SPT photo. And, I love the story about the hawk.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home