Saturday, December 03, 2005

MamaSaysOm-Cold


Dear Britt,

I complain
a lot.
I know.
I can be grouchy, cranky, and irritable.
But lest you wonder if I love you,
let me remind you of all the little things I adore...
I love that when your toes are cold you want me to kiss them.
I love that we cuddle on chilly nights.
I love how each morning you want me to carry you to the "toasty place" (the pre-warmed bathroom).
I love your cold, snotty nose pressed into my cheek.
I love when you help me put my gloves on before I head to work.
I love seeing the sudden flash of a naked figure zoom pass the doorway and having to chase you down and wrestle your clothes back on - even when it's freezing outside.
I love sharing with you the cold of winter and the hope of snow.
I love how every morning we have to peek outside to see if the hoped-for snow has arrived,
and I love your disappointment because it hasn't (sorry dear, we live in Texas, you'll be waiting awhile).
And I especially love that on the darkest, coldest day,
you always melt my heart.
Really,
you do.

Mommy

15 Comments:

Blogger kiki said...

great picture

8:55 PM  
Blogger telfair said...

He is such a beautiful little guy...and your post made me feel all weepy. In a good way.

10:15 PM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

how cute is that picture? adorable. another beautiful letter to your blessed son. one day, he will cherish all of these words...

12:22 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

he is adorable :)
and the words are so sweet
i wish we had to wait for snow
but i think it will be coming
alllll to soon

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

At least one can always WISH for snow... :)

4:48 AM  
Blogger sheela said...

a beautiful letter...

7:04 AM  
Blogger Living Part Deux said...

It SNOWED in Lubbock. I remember those days, but mostly I remember the red sand in the sky and diving for cover before the storm hit. I hope you one day create a book for Britton of all your beautiful letters.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

You lucky girl...you got snow! It's cold again here today...but yesterday it was in the 80's...go figure!

I love this letter...all the simple things that make all the not-simple things so worth it!

And that picture is just precious!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Swirly said...

This is so sweet. I was fortunate enough to be at the birth of two of my friend's four children, and after I saw Sofia being born, I wrote her a letter. I can't wait for her to read it when she is older. Everyone needs a letter like this.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous lela said...

i'm still smiling...

11:32 AM  
Anonymous alex said...

sweetness in life its self.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Frankie said...

Michelle, I've said it once and I'll say it again. I'd give anything to have a mother like you (not that you're old enough to be my mother! But you know what I mean). :). Britton is so blessed to have you, as I am blessed to read your beautiful words. Thank you.

2:56 PM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

What a great picture!! You've captured the beauty of being a mama.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

That is soooo sweet, I love these letters.

4:28 PM  
Blogger KB said...

your letters are very sweet, makes me want to go write my own sons a letter, which I'll likely do before the years end. A very sweet photo of your boy, and I'm loving the name Britt!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home