Friday, November 04, 2005

This Truly is a Grateful Friday


My heart runneth over...
the divine Ms. Kim offered to send me some of her fabulous dried hydrangeas after seeing this spectacular spt series. Well, she has knocked my socks off...I not only received a large box of breathtakingly delicate floral masterpieces, but she also included some wonderful notecards, amazing papers with an oriental print, glorious paper with a whimsical bird print, and luscious soaps. I am too full for words. I had the best time photographing my surprises and only wished it hadn't been dark already so that you could truly get a glimpse of my spectacular wares. You too would be breathless. Thank you Ms. K. I can't wait to send a little surprise your way.

Other things I'm grateful for this fine Friday...

Jenny's wonderful idea of dedicating the entire month to gratitude...chai tea...coconut macaroons...watching Britton and Papa Jack play with a can of silly string on Halloween night...the profound truth of this post (thank you kitty kitty peacock)...the return of one of my favorite bloggers (you've been missed)...having a really good week with Britton...waking to the sunlight peeking at me through the slits in the blinds...Rosa Parks...watching Britton flirt with his best girlfriend, Trinity...Britton's new haircut...sharing breakfast with Britton at IHOP this morning after our trip to the doctor for a flu shot...Britton showing off his shot to everyone that passed our table ("I had a shot today. Look at my bandaid. I had a shot today.")...grace and forgiveness, always...

11 Comments:

Blogger mati rose said...

i am so with you on the chai and coconut macaroons! i just had both in one sitting:) the hydrangeas are out of this world.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I found you on my mom's sight (rebekahsmusings), and I'm so glad I did! Your post just made my day! Hydrangeas are my favorite flower in this entire world, and I lost my breath when I saw your beauties! Thank you for sharing them with all of us!

And your gratitude is refreshing!

6:32 PM  
Blogger kiki said...

the hydrangea pictures are spectacular. it sounds like you had a really great week. lucky you.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Kim Carney said...

I can't believe it is all ready there! They said over a week. I am so thrilled you are thrilled. That was so fun! To share all of those is such a joy. Thank you.

9:39 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

you lucky girl...
you must have been
dancing
with excitement
:)

they were beautiful
for sure...
and the paper...
i have an addiction to
paper...
and pens...
and markers...
oh, ok..i admit...to the whole
stationary supply aisle
:)

3:48 AM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

I love the pictures, especially the last one. Have a great weekend.

3:57 AM  
Blogger Living Part Deux said...

The pictures - so perfect. The words, pure poetry. You are truly gifted of heart, and I am blessed to hear what your heart spills out. Practicing gratefulness makes us live with our eyes wide open like nothing else.

7:38 AM  
Blogger jenny vorwaller said...

ggagagaga! my mouth is FLYING open at those kim flowers! my favorite. they were in my wedding bouquet too! love that one of you peeking out from them!

8:06 PM  
Blogger firstborn studio said...

breathtaking collage!
i adore hydrangeas the most!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Marit Cooper said...

Me too, blue hydrangeas are my favourite flowers. Mine caught some persistent pest this summer and I was forced to cut them down completly! But they have recovered and I am hopeful for next year (and I will turn the leaves over one by one and examine them carefully so as to catch any problem at an earlier stage). Love the photos! You lead an enchanted life my dear :-D

12:39 AM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

Gorgeous pictures here! Wow! And it is so fun to think of Britton showing off his bandaid to all. So cute!

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home