Saturday, November 26, 2005

MamaSaysOm - Open


Dear Britton,

My hands are open,
ready to hold all they can;
all your salty bitter tears,
all the pieces of your broken heart,
all your shattered dreams,
all your biggest fears and worse nightmares,
all the mistakes you wish you could take back,
all the moments you've felt smaller than you really are.
I will hold all I can, until my hands overflow.
I will treat each gentle tear, each fragile moment,
and each precious wound with the most tender of care,
naming it all so that nothing slips through the cracks unnoticed,
giving each priceless deposit you place in my hands its importance,
letting nothing go by unseen.
And I will do all I can to love the brokenness
and teach you the power of redemption.

That's what I'm here for,
Mommy

13 Comments:

Blogger liz elayne said...

redemption. love this word. beautiful.
hope you are feeling the power of your own words.

9:04 PM  
Anonymous LB said...

Precious. You have a fortunate and blessed child.

10:33 PM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

I love this line, "that's what I'm here for" and it's true.

2:35 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

breathtaking.

i could see in my mind
all that you were saying.

4:53 AM  
Anonymous wendy said...

oh this is beautiful.
your child will always know your love
that is an amazing gift

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

That is one lucky child...

7:03 AM  
Blogger KB said...

beautifully written words for your little boy, just lovely.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait til he grows up and can read back over all the words you have put down for him.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

That is so sweet, Britton is going to be so touched and feel so loved when he reads these someday.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Frankie said...

You are showering your son with such precious gifts both with these poems themselves and with the intentions behind their sweet, glamorous words. He is truly blessed to have a wonderful mother like you. I'm SO glad your back. I missed your inspiring words!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

name it all... give it all to him to hold and love and grow from and heal because of...

your heart, your love, your passion, your broken, unfinished places, your life, your pain, you... all beautiful and deserving of love and being seen...

i love how you can hold b's tears... and i love seeing you...

12:02 PM  
Anonymous courtney said...

Beautiful interpretation of open! The words and photograph fit perfectly together :) It makes my heart swell with love for my boys...being a mom is so wonderful!!

5:54 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

beautiful words... beautiful photgraph. love this.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home