Saturday, November 12, 2005

MamaSaysOm - Dream


Dear B,

Dreams in vivid colors, dreams in warm pastels,
Dreams in stark black and white, dreams in soft sepia,
Dreams quiet and tender, dreams bold and brassy,
Dreams kept secret, dreams lived out loud,
Dreams overflowing with plenty,
Dreams barely realized,
Dreams rescued and resurrected,
Dreams lost and forgotten,
Dreams twisting and turning,
metamorphisizing,
Dreams filling the heart and mind,
Dreams unfolding with gentle passion
No matter how they come,
I wish for you the magic of dreams.
Dream and keep on dreaming.
I don't offer these words because I'm an expert dreamer.
No, I offer them because somewhere along the journey of life
I forgot how to dream.
Maybe it was the look and whispers that implied
my dreams were simply silliness,
maybe it was the desperate need to fit in, to conform,
maybe it was the dissolution of my first marriage,
maybe it was just the way life didn't turn out the way
I planned...
Whatever it was, I learned not to trust my dreaming mind,
but to stay practical and realistic, small and invisible,
humble and resigned.
Somehow I just forgot how to dream.
So now I'm on a pilgrimage to that place deep within,
that place where dreams hibernate, just waiting to be rediscovered.
And maybe by watching you uncover your own dreams,
you, full of wonder and imagination, fearless and innocent,
I'll learn a little about dreaming.
I'm an eager student.
You're a gracious teacher.

God bless your precious dreams
may they all come true
love
Momma

9 Comments:

Blogger Kristine said...

I like that. I wish my mother had given me a letter like that. The past few years her actions have delivered this message... Your son will truly have a treasure in print when he is old enough to read and embrace this. Not that he doesn't already. After all, he has a great mom like you.

4:57 PM  
Blogger kiki said...

that was really sweet. your son is very lucky.

8:00 PM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

I love the photos and also this testimony of your love for your boy.

6:56 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

very sweet :)

loved the eager student/gracious teacher part...

:)

7:18 AM  
Blogger Misty Mawn said...

This is so very wonderful! Thank you for sharing! ...and OM Gosh is your little man cute!

12:04 PM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

beautiful. beautiful. beautiful.

3:48 PM  
Blogger madness rivera said...

Really sweet. And great pictures.

4:40 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

I love this. really, so beautiful. and ava is teaching to dream all over again, too (thank goodness for that).

7:49 PM  
Blogger I am a Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Precious.

Hh

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home