Sunday, November 20, 2005

Just one of the reasons I love Counting Crows


I was wasted in the afternoon
waitin' on a train
I woke up in pieces and Elisabeth
had disappeared again
well I wish you were inside of me
I hope that you're ok
I hope you're resting quietly
I just wanted to say
good, goodnight Elisabeth
goodnight Elisabeth goodnight

We couldn't all be cowboys
some of us are clowns
and some of us are dancers on the midway
we roam from town to town
I hope that everybody
can find a little flame
and me, I say my prayers,
and I just light myself on fire
and walk out on the wire once again
and I say
good goodnight Elisabeth
goodnight Elisabeth goodnight

I will wait for you in Baton Rouge
miss you down in New Orleans
wait for you
while she slips in something comfortable
I'll miss you
when I'm slipping in between
and if you wrap yourself in daffodils
I will wrap myself in pain
and if you're the queen of California
baby I am the king of the rain
and I said
good, goodnight Elisabeth
goodnight Elisabeth goodnight

Goodnight Elisabeth
Words and Music by Adam F. Duritz

To hear my favorite song by Counting Crows click here.

12 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I love the lyrics to this song. I actually saw them play in New Orleans...they were really fun.

8:37 PM  
Anonymous ivy said...

How funny that you should post this... I've been spending a lot of time listening to the recovering the satellites cd. Particularly a long december.
I love the Counting Crows and have for a long time.

11:22 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

great song...love the counting crows. beautiful picture - so soothing

5:03 AM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

I'm going to 'fess up right up top. I've never been a fan of Counting Crows because truthfully, Duritz's voice grates on me. But I will admit that those are nice lyrics...and I even took a listen and yes, it's a pretty great song. :) He walked by me once at a music conference in S.F. during his heyday and I remember thinking, "I don't get it (his appeal)." (He was dating the Friends girls at the time.) :) That said, it is a nice song.

5:27 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

i am also a counting crows fan
and a huge fan of "lyrics" in general...

8:00 AM  
Blogger Frankie said...

Oh I love Counting Crows lyrics! They're all so poetic. This is a really good one, thanks for posting it!

10:59 AM  
Blogger mati rose said...

oh cool! my hugh recently made 5 slightly different posters for the counting crows concerts! i didn't really know their music before. glad to hear it's good!

11:12 AM  
Blogger holli said...

My first visit to your blog and one of my favorite Counting Crows songs!! I saw them in concert a LONG time ago - great memories.. great music.

:)

5:20 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

wow, what a great song. I can see why you love it so much... so moving. thanks for the listen... just the extra-somethin I needed on this cold and rainy night.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Server Girl said...

I LOVE THE COUNTING CROWS!!! I seen them at jazz fest in new orleans a couple of years ago and i seen an interview with Adam Duritz there also...they are wonderful and Adam writes such romantic stuff!

11:32 AM  
Blogger What a mistake... said...

Counting Crows--ahhh, they make me feel so much better. Thank you!
I just went back and read some of your previous posts. How true to life...

8:39 PM  
Anonymous samantha said...

I saw Counting Crows in New Orleans, as well - it was a great show, at the House of Blues, and they were all very drunk! Having a grand old time indeed!

I never listen to them anymore - but this is a great song.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home