Friday, November 18, 2005

Another Grateful Friday


It's been a difficult week, but even in the midst of the difficulties I could find at least a little something to be grateful for...and the little somethings, well, they add up...

  • taking Britton to the drive-in movie to see Chicken Little and Zorro
  • solo grocery shopping outings
  • receiving a comment on one of my posts from my aunt Lynda who has taught me so much about love and generosity
  • finishing Memoirs of a Geisha
  • rearranging my alter
  • cedar plank salmon
  • Trey was able to fix my computer after I pulled off the space bar (Note to Self: you can not just pop off the keys on a laptop like you can a desktop--OOPS!)
  • the kind Lucio installing a new battery in my car and listening to stories about his grandfather (who lived to be 102), his 2 sons, and his 5 grandchildren
  • running in to an acquaintance I hadn't seen in some time and hearing about how often she thinks of me
  • homemade chicken noodle soup
  • candle light
  • Britton and Trey's wonderful father/son relationship--it warms my heart
  • the lessons this blogger shared on this post (thanks M.)
  • this blogger's amazing words and imagery
  • my health
  • fresh ground pepper
  • Nikol's heartwarming e-mail just letting me know she sees my beauty
  • starting off each morning this week with a little bit of dancing--it's good for the soul
  • prayer
  • and you, dear reader, I'm grateful for you


14 Comments:

Blogger Frankie said...

What a great list! It truly is amazing how all of those little things add up. Thanks for reminding me of how much there is to be grateful for.

5:04 PM  
Blogger kiki said...

i'm glad you could still be grateful after a difficult week

5:42 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

an amen back at cha!
happy weekend

7:52 PM  
Anonymous ivy said...

Beautifull list!

Memoirs of a Geisha was a wonderful book, have you read Snow Falling on Cedars? I think the Movie they've made for Memoirs of a Geisha looks wonderful, I'm waiting for it.

Happy friday!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Misty Mawn said...

I just love your posts...you are full of beautiful energy!

I LOVE Memoirs of a Geisha! I made my daughter a little Geisha for Halloween two years ago...it was a fun costume to put together!

...my space bar still isn't on right after trying the same...

thanks for sharing your life with us! :)

9:18 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

ok...first i'm so jealous that you got to see chicken little..and at the DRIVE IN at that :)

and i love the picture, that window is beautiful...i love scrolly, twisty-turny patterns

and i'm glad you found the good in the week :)

4:10 AM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

I wish we had drive-ins....that would be a really fun thing to do with my girl.

I like your list (I'm a list lover by nature) and that you can always find beauty and thanks in your life.

4:20 AM  
Blogger Living Part Deux said...

Thoughts on a whole different level - very inspirational for me today. Because of your list, I will practice more awareness and mentally keep a list of those small things that fill my heart. Thank you.

7:27 AM  
Blogger ♥ joleen ♥ said...

I'm grateful for you too! :) Your words are always so beautiful. I'm having a difficult morning so I'm going to go think about all the wonderful things I have to be thankful for. Thank you.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Michelle Fry said...

I love the idea of starting each morning with a little dancing and I am going to start doing it.

10:42 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

just loving your grateful fridays. and I cannot think of a better way to start the the day other than dancing!

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

I'm grateful to 'know' YOU. Your posts are always such a source of inspiration and awareness. And a drive-in? Now THAT's something to be grateful for. ;)

5:01 AM  
Blogger Glamorous Jo said...

Drive-in??? That sounds like so much fun....I wish we had a drive-in. Thanks for the gratefulness....it's brightening up my Monday!

10:17 AM  
Anonymous LB said...

I'm sorry you'd had a difficult week.

What did you think of Memoirs of a Geisha? I loved that book. Now you're all ready to see the movie! If you're in the mood for more geisha-ness, you might try Geisha: A Life.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home