Thursday, October 06, 2005

Sweet



sweet
how we laugh and everyone looks on,
eager to know the secrets that make us giggle so
sweet
how we share our dreams
then neatly wrap then back up in ribbons of remembering and hope
sweet
how we really don't have to say anything at all
how silence is comfortable and just enough
sweet
how my facial expressions say everything
and you read them as easily as Sister Sophia reads an open palm
sweet
how our toes touch in the dark
exchanging magic words that never have to be spoken
sweet
how you pat me softly on the back
when I hold you tightly against my heart
sweet
how your eyes light up at the littlest thing
and wonder is an expression as familiar as home
sweet
how we pledge so much to each other
without ever making an audible oath
sweet
how you spend your "I love you"s
as easily and freely as pennies at a gumball machine
sweet
how family is so much more than can ever be measured
or defined

7 Comments:

Blogger dani said...

yes family is everything and the love it brings is infinitesimal.

8:26 PM  
Blogger kiki said...

i really enjoy your writing

9:08 PM  
Anonymous irene said...

beautiful.

2:48 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

geesh!! you are such a good writer. Really, you blow me away every day. I wish I could express myself so beautifully and clearly. This poem is the sweetest thing.

8:35 AM  
Blogger snowsparkle said...

Such a radiant vignette... I was able to spend part of a day at the shore with a friend's two daughters. The 6 year old draped herself across my back as I stooped to pet Zander. That little cape of love was a beautiful moment. Your piece is reminded me of it. Thanks!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Server Girl said...

sweet........

1:27 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Sweet, how easily you connect to spirit
and the inner sanctuary of the heart.

Sweet, how you are able to take the ordinary
moments and make magic and life appear.

Sweet, your beautiful heart that reaches out,
giving everyone a chance,, to engage, and to be a part.

Sweet, how you take time and slow it down... making
sense of a moment, that could of been missed.

Sweet, cause your an angel.... sent to remind us all,
that blessings abound and exist!

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home