Monday, October 17, 2005

Suddenly


Suddenly, I think it happened overnight,
the leaves lost their lush green, fading to yellow and brown,
the snails slowly found their way back to damp underground homes,
and the still gray clouds pushed through the magnificent blue light.
Suddenly, it surely happened overnight,
the sun stepped back a bit, letting the moon take a bow,
the flowers released their final petals to the dying earth,
and the birds' morning hymn became more hushed and subdued.
Suddenly, it must have happened overnight,
my heart bravely stepped from its dark hiding place,
my shoulders sighed, releasing the weighty burden of my world,
and a smile once again adorned my freckled face.
Suddenly, as if it happened overnight,
I fell in love with you.

7 Comments:

Blogger dani said...

oh that's so beautifull said - now you're making me all teary!

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

Beautiful! (And I can seriously relate.)

4:06 AM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

I love coming to your blog everyday and seeing what words you've written that speak to my heart.

Fall has finally come here as well and it's a welcome change. I feel like I can breath again.

4:06 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I'm so glad to have found your blog, Michelle. I love your writing and your photographs.

6:16 AM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

You choose your words so carefully. And you capture this feeling in such a gorgeous way. I love starting my mornings with your poetic thoughts.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Kim Carney said...

So gentle and beautiful

9:59 AM  
Blogger ♥ joleen ♥ said...

beautiful- you have such a way with words.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home