Thursday, October 13, 2005

A Much Needed Embrace

today i'm embracing my faults and my failings
my weakness and woundedness
my brokenness and bitterness

today i'm embracing my artistry and ambition
my creativity and clarity
my beauty and brilliance

today i'm embracing the warts and wrinkles
the bumps and bruises
the wit and wisdom

today i'm embracing the extra ten pounds
the vericose veins
the unshaven legs

today i'm embracing the light in my eyes
the passion of my soul
the goodness of my heart

today i'm embracing my compassion and criticism
my dreams and drudgeries
my tenderness and tiredness

today i'm embracing all of it
trusting that the whole,
a perfect mixture of imperfection,
is always greater than the sum of its parts

11 Comments:

Blogger kiki said...

the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts, embrace away

8:59 PM  
Blogger *aimee* said...

Wow...that was beautiful, and very inspiring. I think I'll embrace too. Did you write that?

9:07 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

beautiful - i wish we could this everyday but one day at a time..one day at a time

10:23 PM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

Love this. Just love it. I want to look at this every day to remind myself to treat myself with gentleness.

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

Beautiful.

3:25 AM  
Anonymous Jane said...

HI, thanks for leaving the comment about the London post. I sometimes take the place for granted and assume readers wouldn't be interested, so it was nice to get such a good response from people like you saying they liked the guided tour.

3:47 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I like this alot. I really like your photographs, They are great close up's.

9:57 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

awwwww...
thats so sweet
and well written
:)

10:28 AM  
Blogger ♥ joleen ♥ said...

So am I! This is beautifully written and that photograph! Wow! :)

4:59 PM  
Anonymous melanie said...

beautiful!! Very inspiring indeed. Did you write that?

8:25 AM  
Blogger dani said...

beautiful butterfly!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home