Friday, October 21, 2005

Grateful Friday


This week I'm grateful for...

*spending time sewing with my grandmother just like we used to do when I was a kid. I can still do anything when she sits beside me telling me to "sew from this pin to this pin."

*Arizona green tea

*being in the car with Britton when he made his fist attempt to sing along with a song on the radio . It was a sappy Ronnie Milsap number.

*the encouragement I receive from the blog comments left by complete strangers

*getting e-mails from friends who've moved away and new blogging pen pals

*the Halloween party my mom has planned tonight for all the grandkids, although Britton can't quite grasp the fact that you can have a party for something other than a birthday so he keeps telling me, "mom, I'm so excited for Nana's birthday and cake"

*my relationship with Trey's mom. After the very rocky relationship with my ex-mother-in-law I prayed that I would have a good relationship with the mother of the next man in my life. She is a dear supporter and friend.

*microwave popcorn

*Dr. Kracker's seeded spelt flatbread, especially smothered in hummus

*the Garden State cd. I never tire of it.

*friends who love me and know my heart

*curling up in bed and reading before bedtime

*taking time for an evening drive just to tree gaze

8 Comments:

Blogger acumamakiki said...

All worthy of gratefulness.

5:02 PM  
Blogger telfair said...

First time to your blog, I love it...your inventory of gratitude made me smile & think of all the things I am grateful for too!

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Donna Maria said...

Excellent. I will make a point to do the same-I will make a promise to myself to find at least 5 things I am grateful for this week. Thank you. You are a blessing. Does that count as one? Okay, so I'll list SIX things I'm grateful for!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Frankie said...

Your blog just made my night! Thanks for making me smile. There is SO much to be grateful for and it's wonderful when you can see it.

10:19 PM  
Blogger The Whole Self said...

i'm all about the microwave popcorn these days, too! and i never was a big popcorn fan before. also looking forward to taking a foliage drive later on today.

thanks for all your wonderful comments!

4:57 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

ahhhh...
i love your list...

i am definately going to have
to try out that garden state cd...
i have heard it referred to on
many blogs already...

i love fall leaves
:)

5:13 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Pretty picture....yummm I love hummus

11:07 AM  
Blogger Swirly said...

Beautiful entry. It reminds me I'm overdue I on writing my own gratitude list. I was trying to do it everyday, but of course as days get hectic I forget. Thank you.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home