Sunday, October 30, 2005

Good Things


getting an extra hour of sleep...
a warm leisurely bath...
a family outing to our favorite coffee shop...
sugar cookies and chai in the backyard...
Britton snoring beside me as I read...
curling up in my favorite chair...
the sunlight dancing on the window...
a smooth pen...
a blank page...
words making their way to the surface...
comfy pants...
my favorite white t-shirt...
the smell of clean laundry...
listening to Britton carry on conversations with himself...
our own game of football in the long hallway...
the rosebush making its final bloom before winter...
sitting...
listening...
letting words and ideas spin and swirl...
quietness...
love...
belonging...
each other...
a glad heart...
all the things that fill my day,
making it holy...
making it good...

15 Comments:

Blogger acumamakiki said...

Those are all good things. I finished our Christmas stockings tonight AND 2 power puff girl costumes. I feel like I've done some good things too. (=

8:14 PM  
Blogger ESB said...

...and that looked like it was a really good cup of coffee! (or chai)

5:54 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

amen sista!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Frankie said...

This has made me feel so enchantingly serene this morning. What an elegant mix of exciting and calming images. There are so many small beauties in the world to be appreciated, and it makes me so endlessly happy to know that you are seeing and sharing them.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I love your list and I love the picture of the empty cup. Britton is lucky to have such a great mommy

8:01 AM  
Blogger Glamorous Jo said...

YEAH!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Living Part Deux said...

Celebrating the ordinary, making it extraordinary - I love it.

(a frequent, long-time lurker come into the light)

12:14 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

Mmm, whatever was in that cup looked yummy. I love your list!

I can't wait to see what you do for explore identity SPT tomorrow :O)

12:18 PM  
Blogger laurenbove said...

Whoa..that looks mighty yummy. I'd be in the happy coma too if I had a cuppa. Sadly, we're all out of coffee, tea and roses in New England. Thanks for bringing a little bit of happiness to me on a day when it's already dark at 450p.

Trick or Treat!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous alex said...

Beautiful picture fun times

5:07 PM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

Love the images this post creates with words. So good to take note of the simple things that give life its depth.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Suse said...

Lovely lovely lovely.

I love a list.

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Kitty Kitty Peacock said...

I've always wondered what it would be like to have heaven in my home. Thank you for sharing. Now, I know. Now, I know.

Love,
Kitty

3:35 PM  
Anonymous melanie said...

so many blessings... so much to be thankful for.

11:02 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

big YES to all of this... love this list.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home