Monday, October 24, 2005

Because


Because sometimes I get tired of hearing my own thoughts, words, and ramblings and I need to be inspired by someone else...


Are you looking for me? I am in the next seat.
My shoulder is against yours.
You will not find me in stupas, not in Indian shrine rooms,
nor in synagogues, nor in cathedrals:
not in masses, nor kirtans, not in legs winding around your
own neck, nor in eating nothing but vegetables.
When you really look for me, you will see me instantly-
you will find me in the tiniest house of time.
Kabir says this: Student, tell me, what is God?
He (or she) is the breath inside the breath.
Breath
by Kabir, translated by Robert Bly


I am a student- always growing, always searching, always learning to accept the mysteries and live the questions, always open to where God might show up next.

13 Comments:

Blogger kiki said...

amazing quote. thank you for sharing.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

Beautiful...thanks for sharing it.

10:32 PM  
Blogger sheela said...

this is beautiful...

2:54 AM  
Anonymous natércia said...

So wonderful....
I recognise myself in the same words you wrote.

Muito obrigado (thnaks a lot)
Nat

3:27 AM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

lovely words.

4:34 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

makes you stop and think...

and i like that

:)

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Kitty Kitty Peacock said...

"Looking for Truth is like riding an ox in search of an ox." - Chinese proverb

9:12 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

wow, that gave me chills

9:32 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

wow, that gave me chills

9:32 AM  
Blogger Kim Carney said...

I love that, the breath inside the breath.

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Sart said...

am commenting just to let you know that my uncle and his family reside in lubbock

10:19 AM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

thank you for sharing this - beautiful.

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Wong Online PoKér Hu said...

I think this is a very nice poem. You seem to have a knack for these verses. Keep it up.

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home