Saturday, September 10, 2005

You Won't Believe Your Eyes

I admit it...I didn't think it could be done. I had my doubts. But I was wrong. Yes this is the infamous smoker, that rusty hunk of metal I've been complaining about for weeks. I know, I don't believe it either. It's incredible. It's a miracle. And, I'm taking all the credit. Afterall, if it hadn't been for my blog (see here & here), Tricia never would have read about my woes, got excited about the possibility of a smoker in the family, and found someone to do some work on it. Some work? That's an understatement. She obtained a miracle worker for us. He sandblasted the rust off, covered it in a nice coat of black rust protectant paint, and mounted it on a new trailer. (Thanks a million Bob! - and for the sausage and rub too!) Now I can truly say I am the proud owner of an awesome smoker. And, it was completed just in time for the first tailgate of the season. How did it perform? The brisket didn't quite get done so we'll be having it later but the sausage...it was scrumptious. We also have chicken to tide us over for the week. The night we brought the smoker home Trey was like a proud father. He just sat outside with it, staring at it. He couldn't take his eyes off of it. If it weren't for the fact that he is feeding me with this thing I might be a little jealous. This morning when he put the first brisket on he made me sit outside with him and watch the smoke billow from it. He had several compliments on it at the tailgate today and anytime someone would stop to admire it Trey would just beam. Oh...boys and their toys. See more photos from today's tailgate here. In the meantime, I better join the boys outside. They're still lovingly admiring the new pride of the family. Plus, I'm ready for some beef!

2 Comments:

Blogger dani said...

Tailgate is a completely nee word/term for me. What exactly does it mean?

12:37 AM  
Blogger dani said...

So do you mean American football? I thought those games lasted hours and hours and then you do the whole social thing 4 hrs before that. My god that's like a whole day. I can see why you don't stay for the whole thing. But it does sound like fun.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home