Wednesday, September 07, 2005

What I Ache For


It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.

a portion of The Invitation by Oriah Mountain Dreamer

I ache for a deep unshakable love for and acceptance of myself
I ache for eyes that see all the beauty that surrounds me
I ache for a life filled with poetry and artistry
I ache to express myself fully, honestly, creatively
I ache for a solid sense of self and a sure trust in my voice
I ache to embrace my perfect imperfections
I ache to be seen, really seen
I ache for a life of purpose and fulfillment
I ache for the ability to make the most alive choices possible
I ache for community and connection
I ache for ministry
I ache to touch the divine that indwells me and surrounds me
I ache to see the truth in others
I ache for a love that overflows, a bold and open-hearted love
I ache to be spent, used up, emptied, for some greater purpose
I ache for a society in which women no longer shy away from their own reflections
I ache for a society in which women demand to be seen and heard, and refuse to remain small
I ache for a society with a much broader definition of beauty
I ache for a world in which women and children are safe
I ache for a world in which we all see each other as brothers and sisters, connected by spirit
I ache for a world that celebrates and learns from diversity
I ache for a world where everyone's needs are meet and desires aren't considered an afterthought
I ache for those who are grieving and broken
I ache for those who are voiceless and faceless
I ache for my sisters all over the world who do not have the same priveldges as I have
I ache for peace
I ache for a dream

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is great If you are into beautiful gardens, I'm sure you'd be interested in Flower Gardening Start Flower Gardening

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I like your blog. Im going to put it with the rest of my favorite blog

I recently found a place where you can download Football Manager. Instead of paying for the full game, you can just download Football Manager for a small fee along with any other game out.

Join me in playing this game. Its fun. =)

7:47 PM  
Blogger mati rose said...

amazing words and photo! thank you. i'll keep reading!

5:41 PM  
Blogger STEVE said...

I ache for three days every time I do one sit up. But I only ache for four days when I do two of them!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

The beauty of this work is your desire. You use the word
ache and yet you could equally use other words as well.
Words like yearn, longing, I crave.... the point I am wanting to make is your hearts desire is so beautiful and heartfelt.
If its true, and I BELIEVE it is that we get what we think about.... wow, you are going to make a profound difference
in this world, just by being you!
Your continued awarenesss of the shifting growth within
you gives me hope for all mankind ... that you are here with
other like minded, growth seeking, KIND souls
who do the important work... the work withen. It's funny I use to think this kind of inner work went unnoticed but I know now that it defines and shines through everthing we do.Even if others are unconcious they will FEEL your soothing energy and like a ripple when you throw the stone ... you will touch other souls.. inspire other people
to look withen. Bless you and keep up the great work!

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home