Tuesday, September 27, 2005

SPT5

Self Portrait

It doesn't interest me if there is one God
Or many gods.
I want to know if you belong or feel abandoned;
If you know despair
Or can see it in others.
I want to know if you are prepared to live in the world
With its harsh need to change you;
If you can look back with firm eyes
Saying "this is where I stand."
I want to know if you know how to melt
Into that fierce heat of living
Falling toward the center of your longing.
I want to know if you are willing
To live day by day
With the consequence of love
And the bitter unwanted passion
Of your sure defeat.
I have been told
In that fierce embrace
Even the gods
Speak of God.

~ David Whyte ~
Fire in the Earth
*******
This is my prayer today... may I cling to the truth of my spirit no matter who or what wants to change me; may I stand firm in the center of my being knowing that is my anchor; may I melt into the fierce heat of living knowing I'm not alone in that fire; may I have the courage to keep my heart open to both love and defeat; and then may I kiss the face of God and let that light fill me.

6 Comments:

Blogger snowsparkle said...

a wide buddha smile rose across my face at the truthful beauty of your words and photo... thank you for the gift of you today!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Marit Cooper said...

Yes! to the beuty of your fire >:)<

11:53 PM  
Blogger caliope said...

great picture :)

3:45 AM  
Anonymous aNgi b said...

beautiful prayer...and i love the contrast to the blue sky... praise God for the heavenly sky and (the color blue)

6:18 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I love that picture of your hand against the blue sky with the moon by your index finger, very cool.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Dina said...

Beautiful!!

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home