Tuesday, September 20, 2005

SPT 4

Listen,
I don't know a whole lot
But what I do know is this...
I can fight to the death for a cause
and the next day not believe in it,
I sometimes make statements not necessarily because I believe it
but because I'm searching,
I often push against God not because I'm a heretic
but because I want a truer, deeper relationship,
There are times when no matter how hard I've worked to deal with my stuff
some subconscious belief peeks its head out, surprising me by how deeply ingrained they really are
and I get to begin the inner work again,
I know that if I make myself a priority it's not selfish
it's self care,
I know the permission I need to live from the core of my being has to come from myself
but I still find there are times I look to everyone around me for the permission I so need,
I know beauty and grace always surround me
if I'll just take the time to notice,
I know our "basic" needs include a whole lot more than just physical needs
but the spirit is so often neglected,
I know the greatest relationship I ever invested in
is the relationship with myself
and that not a day goes by that I'm not grateful for my sweet life
even when things look grim or aren't going the way I had dreamed,
I know family is important, God is a mystery I want to rest in, and life,
well, life is one wild rollercoaster
sometimes my hands are flung in the air, sometimes they grip the bar in fear
but I always seem to choose to ride

7 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Wow, I really see myself in a lot of the stuff you write. Sometimes it's hard for me to process all that you write because I find so much truth in it for myself. Thanks for being to real.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous pyglet said...

You write so beautifully! Thankyou for giving me some inspiration to go out there again today and take another ride. I forget sometimes that it actually is a choice. I am glad I get to choose!
Thanks too for your comments on my SPT sillies, glad I got a smile ;)

5:35 PM  
Blogger shellyC said...

you really do write so beautifully and truthfully. i really enjoy your blog and your photos.

6:25 PM  
Blogger seldom said...

such a lovely entry, and what a beautiful earring! Thank you.

2:11 AM  
Anonymous yolie said...

Lovely SP. I love the gentle curve of your neck in this one. Makes me long for a slower more graceful rollercoaster ride.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Stich-n-knit said...

Thanks for your kind comments Michelle on my SP.
That really is a beautiful earring and you have an amazing gift for writing. Enjoyed your blog!

12:42 PM  
Anonymous melanie said...

Wow, your writing is so candid and poetic and thought provoking! Very inspiring...

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home