Friday, September 30, 2005

A New Mantra

I
woman give birth:
and this time to
myself.
Alma Villanueva
******
Mmmmm...don't you just love that quote. It's delicious and it's becoming my new motto and mantra. Afterall that's what I'm wanting for my life, to give birth to myself, to release all the possibility that indwells me, to be willing to live it all, explore it all, feel it all, face it all, leaving nothing unturned. But unlike other births, this birth is a process. It happens in fits and spurts, not all at once. It's like giving birth to all the stars in the heaven, one by shining one. And in the end you have a bright and bold canvas of both darkness and light. This birth of the self includes moments of heavy labor, when the brow is drenched in sweet sweat and the body is exhausted, and moments of calm breathing as you rest in the peace and serenity that fills and surrounds. It's the mixture, the wholeness of it all, that's the greatest adventure and the toughest paradox to accept. And I'm learning that what life is really about, is not so much the end result, the self I give birth to, but the birthing process, the journey. That's where the sweetness lies, that's where you'll find God's presence, that's where I'll find myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger dani said...

Yes, very cool quote,motto & mantra. I'm in this type of headspace right now as well. And I agree it's all about the journey! x dani

12:09 AM  
Blogger Marit Cooper said...

One of my favourite poems...

In Motion
By Karin Boye

The sated day is never the first.
The best day is a day of thirst.

Yes, there is purpose and meaning in our path - but it is the journey that is the labour's worth.

The best meal is a night-long rest,
fire lit and bread broken in haste.

In places where one sleeps but once, sleep is safe and your dreams are filled with song.

Strike camp, strike camp!
The new day shows it's light.
Our great adventure has no end in sight.


It sound much better in Swedish but the gist is there :-)

1:57 PM  
Blogger Marina Vazzana said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, not so much for the wonderful comment (although much appreciated...but for giving me the chance to find yours. It is beautifully done, and so inspiring. I will absolutely link to this magical place you have created here.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home