Sunday, September 25, 2005

Metamorphosis

The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
Don't go back to sleep.
You must ask for what you really want.
Don't go back to sleep.
People are going back and forth across the doorsill
where the two worlds touch.
The door is round and open.
Don't go back to sleep.
Rumi
***********
Sometimes I get tired of this life of wanting more, of being aware, of living as fully as possible.
It would be so much easier to stop, to take the easy way out, to sleep.
Would anyone really notice anyway? Would my one life make any difference?
Those are the questions I ask when my eyes start to droop.
But its not my nature to settle. Sure I have a choice, but not really. The choice has already been made for me.
There is something deep within me that wants to live, that wants to breathe and grow and come to fruition.
So I keep on digging. I keep on learning. I continue the journey. I keep on building towards that within me that won't let me go back to sleep.

4 Comments:

Blogger mati rose said...

i feel you! no droopy eyes allowed:) i'm linking you on my blog so i can find you better!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Marit Cooper said...

That's the thing, some of us are just made that way, and we HAVE to do what our hearts tells us to do or it is like death. We know we have something important to do (important to ourselves at least), somewhere we have to go, something we need to find and our spirits won't let us rest until we do. And then, when we have, we realise that that was just the beginning...

3:42 AM  
Anonymous jenny vorwaller said...

when you are aware there is something more, you will find it! :)

3:42 PM  
Blogger dpsinger said...

Turn it off, take a hot shower, read a comic book. Start new tomorrow. Yours is a true soul. Keep digging for us.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home