Monday, September 19, 2005

Many Thanks

You never could see my beauty
or all the little things that make me special
I was just another project to conquer and complete
your own personal Pygmalion
And after being so long together
my own sight became twisted and blurred
until I too could only see myself as you saw me
a sad betrayal of the soul and the self and all the things that matter
So it seems funny now that I should be thanking you
for that Sunday night you chose to walk away
leaving me alone with my broken dreams and empty promises
Oh there was much begging and bargaining at the time
So many salty tears and bitter resentments and imagined revenges
but that seems so long ago
Since then I've traveled to the other side, looking back on hell
What I know now that I didn't know then was that
in loosing you
I found myself

It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; if you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul; if you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy.
from The Invitation by Oriah Mountain Dreamer

1 Comments:

Blogger Marit Cooper said...

I see so much of my self in you, the journey you are on. I think it's a womans journey and how ever hard they try, men can't really understand. And we want them to. We want them to see what we see, feel what we feel and I'm starting to wonder if that isn't actually physically impossible for them. According to modern science women are more sensitive, we actually see the world in stronger colours. The main thing is that we know, you know, that we create our own reality and that the only true freedom there is, is freedom of the mind.

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home