Sunday, September 18, 2005

In Darkness

Its in the darkness
when you're not there as you should be,
as you promised you would be
again
that I feel the most alone
Its in the darkness
that I imagine the worst possibilities
and lay there wondering, revisiting old wounds
afraid to breathe
Its in the darkness
that I feel more like an obligation, a duty
than a priority
Its in the darkness
when I hear you slip through the door
while I pretend to sleep as if I've been asleep all along
that my heart slips further away
Its in the darkness
when its all over and the world is quiet
that you loose a little part of me
that can never be recovered
and I finally drift off into an indifferent sleep.

5 Comments:

Blogger STEVE said...

I swear to God! Sometimes you make me want to start drinking. I know you miss me and all that but I've been really busy. Don't be sad. Fear not, for I am with thee! And those aren't even my hats!!!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Marit Cooper said...

Every time your feelings are hurt, it's a little peice of Love that dies. Forgiving is the easy part but you can't mend broken trust, it is never the same again. That is why it is so important to be present in a relationship and be aware of where you want to go with it...

1:44 AM  
Blogger snowsparkle said...

I'm writing mostly to say how much I loved your vignette, but also to say it's great for you to give voice to this sorrow and truth. Your words echo in my heart. It's been a familiar theme in my 27 years of marriage. I'm glad I kept moving forward in my own journey of enlightenment because this has somehow also opened his eyes. You are a treasure. Thank you!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I feel really sad for you reading this. Relationships are so hard sometimes.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Oh dear girl... your words and feelings are so fragile and dear.I want to reach out and comfort( thats the mom in me)
but also Steves reply did resonate with care and sincerity.
May I make a helpful suggestion? Check out the book by
Migel Ruiz called "The Four Agreements" I think it will help to put things in perspective. I hope it does.
The writting in and of itself is so pure. I loved it.
Blessings,
Cynthia Sebastian

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home