Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I'm Amazed

I'm amazed at how every day your world grows and expands - your knowledge, your vocabulary, your independence, your stubbornness, your sense of self I'm amazed at how much you take in, even when you seem to not even be paying attention
I'm amazed by how much you remember
I'm amazed at how nothing passes you unnoticed
I'm amazed by your ability to enjoy life
I'm amazed by your sense of wonder
I'm amazed at how you are becoming a social creature, with your own social circle and friendships
I'm amazed at how full hearted and open hearted you are, loving with such abandon
I'm amazed at how quickly you are changing
I'm amazed by your fearlessness
I'm amazed that I could love any one person so very much
But most of all, son, I'm amazed at how, when the day is done and I feel as if I've failed so miserably,
failing to be the mother I long to be,
again
- I've yelled, I've spanked, I've been too wrapped up in my own thing, I've not taken the time to play, I've been grouchy, irritable, and frustrated -
Even after all that you continue to love me
indiscriminately and with blind forgiveness
Now that's what I call grace
and I am so amazed by your grace

5 Comments:

Blogger dpsinger said...

I had a similar moment last week. A friend reminded me that my son is not always happy with me. Don't be so hard on yourself. It is YOU who is teaching him grace.

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not the only one who's amazed. It's a beautiful thing! Excellent shot!~ empress

9:00 PM  
Blogger dani said...

His ability to love is because that is what he knows and experiences. He is a sponge and a reflection of his environment. Take some credit girl.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous yolie said...

Beautiful, the words and the picture AND that we somehow get through this parenting thing. You obviously have the biggest heart in the universe and you move through the world with your eyes wide open. What else is there? You've succeeded!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

That was so beautiful, it gave me chills to read. I feel exactly the same way. I understand God better through my kids. Kids are so amazing.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home