Sunday, September 04, 2005

Home Sweet Home

It was a good trip...seeing family that I haven't seen in awhile, visiting with my grandmother who will by 90 later this month, spending time with my dad and Lynda, riding in the back of his pick-up, my hair blowing in the wind, Britton in my lap enjoying every minute of it, seeing the land that I remember so well as a child and chasing down the cows. It was a good trip. And, it's always nice to be home...back in my own bed, chilling out in the backyard reading while Britton digs for rolly-pollies, just being lazy .
I came home to a special news report showing three airplanes landing at our airport bringing exacuees from New Orleans and the Louisiana area. They will be staying at a local facility. It's so good to know that our small Texas town will be able to directly assist some of those who have been effected by hurricane Katrina. That is still so unbelievable to me.
*********************
there's a sickness worse than the risk of death
and that's forgetting what we should never forget
from Tecumseh by Mary Oliver

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Welcome home, That is a good feeling being able to help. Thank you to you and the people in your small town.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home