Thursday, September 08, 2005

For Love

It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.
another portion of The Invitation by Oriah Mountain Dreamer
**********************************
Oh, the things I've done for what I thought was love
I've lost weight
I've lost friends
I've lost myself
I've ceased to have my own thoughts and opinions
I've become as small as possible, almost invisible
I've been more lonely than if I were alone
I've been controlled, twisted, manipulated
I've kept my mouth shut while raging inside
I've forgotten how to want, to dream, to desire
Then slowly, and by grace,
I came to realize this wasn't love
But some pitiable imitation
Love may require your soul
But it never requires you sale your soul
There is a difference
And in the space of that difference lies a world of possibility and hope
Now I know for love I will
Dare to show up
Refuse to be anything less than my true self
Push against beliefs and ideas
Challenge thoughts and opinions
Risk expressing my full variety of emotions
Disagree, fight, confront
All the while recognizing both our worth
Both our individuality
Both our humanness
Loving what makes us unique, perfectly imperfect, and divine
Tending our broken places, minding our wounds, sharing our burdens
Shining softly

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is creative Keep up the great work. Don't miss visiting this site about how to buy & sell everything, like disposable camera on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

8:03 PM  
Blogger STEVE said...

Love is never having to hear "I'm sorry."

9:41 PM  
Blogger Server Girl said...

You always have the best things to say and it always seems as if u are silently confirming what i feel inside. I love reading what u write..it makes me feel like ....wow...there is someone that feels like i do.

2:40 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

I wrote this poem in 1977 and this is my first time to share it. At the time I was in a relationship but not the kind my heart desired... I met the right person and knew
that the hard choices had to be made.This poem was born out of inner knowing.

Love riding in the wind with care,
its fragile touch is everywhere
Love whispering your name..
I tell you its insane, to feel this much
and be afraid.
Love must be the driving force..
that keeps the breath within me
My heart pounds deeper, my soul the keeper
of my being...much sweeter since our meeting.
I tip toe softly through the night to find me
dreaming of our times so sweetly planted
in my mind.
So colorful.. so full of life.. the soft caress
the power of your tenderness.
The beauty and tranquilty that pours through
you... surrounding me.
I tell you its insanity to feel this good ...
and not be free.

9:19 AM  
Blogger la vie en rose said...

Cynthia,

I don't have any way to contact you but maybe you will read this. I wanted to thank you deeply for your encouraging words on my previous post. Inner work and living from a deeper place within myself is so important to me, so I appreciate all the others in this world who are doing the same work and are there to offer support. It's the toughest work to do.

And then there is this beautiful poem...Thank you so much for sharing it. I feel so honored. I don't take others' words, especially words birthed from the soul, lightly. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am blessed to have read them. Let me know how to contact you if you feel comfortable with that.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Actually you did contact me yesterday regarding the poem I
posted at Comfort Queen.. A "Memo To Me" Thats how I found your blog. Its really nice. I am attempting to start my own blog... goodnrg. So far I have only posted but I intend to fill in my profile and post photos. I LOVE to take
photos and have alot I want to share. I love the ones you have. Did you shoot them? I found it interesting that you use some of Oriah mountain Dreamers prose... I love them as well. Do you know of Leo Busgaglia? He wrote about LOVE. He lived love.He use to teach at USC here in Los Angeles and will forever be remembered as "The Hugger"
He taught classes on the art of love and being loving. I guess I feel as though you would appreciate his work.
I look forward to hearing from you. Peace and Blessings

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home